Sign in to follow this  

Anyone using a 110/90 rear tire?

It seems like these motors make plenty of power, why do they come with a 125 sized tire? Has anyone been using a 110/90-19 or a 110/100-18 on the rear? If so, is it used on motocross or woods? and are there any drawbacks?

Only use a 110/90-19. Doesn't seem to affect power for me in the woods or track.

A 110/90 19 is over 1 inch larger in circumference than the stock tire. In MX this is a killer doing 2nd gear starts, also it really messed up my sons riding as he would often nead a lower gear than he was used to for a particular area on familiar tracks. If you changed the sprockets to make up the difference or ride more open fast tracks you may get by. We only ran it cause it was free and switched back way before it was worn out.

Ran the larger rear tire all this year.

Never a problem. Noticed no difference in power at all.

However .... I'm 145 lbs. in full gear. A larger rider might notice some difference?

Whats is the best Tire and tire size to put on?? I'm still running stock right now 😢

For the back, I suggest a Dunlop 773 or 756 depending on the riding you are doing. If you are riding trails with loose terain go with the 773. it hooks up awesome. However, if you ride on more hard pack it will wear faster than the 756.

mxtrailrida54 what size you runnin.. the 110/90 or what?

the 110 denotes the tread width, not the circumference. At 145, you may notice a difference, but you may not. I personally am running the d756 (100 though, not a 110) and it hooks up awesome both on trails and at the track. Plus, they last forever too.

we only use 1 tire on our four stroke 110/90/19 IRC ve 33 rear and a IRC ve35 front, if theres traction to be found they will seek it out, thats all I have to say about that.

I only run the 110, with all the torque of this bike it's no problem.

I ran the larger tire size for two tires worth of riding and burned out my clutch. I've since gone back to the 90/100 size, new clutch and all is better.

110/100-18, raced all the GNCC's and the NHS with michialns on the bike. Won the NS series and finished 2nd in the GNCC's in the 4 stroke B class.......racing A next year, didnt notice any noticable diff. then again i run 13/49 gearing.