Sign in to follow this  

CRF 450 Shifter cart video

With the kickstarter it would actually be easier to start alone.

Looks like he has trouble keeping the power to the ground. That thing must cost a small fortune.

ben

Cool video - even if the Vette launch was the weakest I have seen - the cart almost ran into the vette - the cart should always smoke it - weight/HP ratio ......

Dork in the 'Vette probably left the ASR (Acceleration Skid Reduction) system on. It's on by default on every ignition cycle unless you push the button to disable it. Limits power by shutting down cylinders to prevent wheelspin so rich blondes won't kill themselves. We used to see that all the time. 😢

My cart does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. It's the weight to power ratio thing that gets these little buggers moving very fast. It's a Parilla Leopard 125 TaG (touch and go). That means I get in, push a little green button, the kart starts and I go. Not as fun as dirt bikes but it's a kick.

Dork in the 'Vette probably left the ASR (Acceleration Skid Reduction) system on.

Regardless, I doubt it had anything for that "cut loose" shifter. My CR125-based kart got to 100mph in under 6 sec.

My CR125-based kart got to 100mpg in under 6 sec.

Hahaha 100 miles per gallon Shifter 😢 . I knew what you meant but that was funny 😢 .

I can't imagine a 450 powered Kart.

My buddy used to race a CR-80 based Kart and it frickin' peeled your eyeballs back with the acceleration. He had it making 30 HP with porting, reeds, etc.

That 450 would be so fast, it would make you crap your pants and you'd be a mile down the road before you could smell it!!! 😢

Hahaha 100 miles per gallon Shifter 😢 . I knew what you meant but that was funny 😢 .

Good eye! 😢 Fixed it.

I put a RM250 motor in my kart and thought that was sick now I want a 450, the engine breaking would be kick ass. I still have the kick starter on mine its the best way to start it

While these are all cool carts, I must share this one for those of you who haven't seen it already...

Gixxer Cart

There's quite a bit out there on Google about this thing. What a ride!! 😢

Regardless, I doubt it had anything for that "cut loose" shifter. My CR125-based kart got to 100mph in under 6 sec.

No doubt the Vette was outclassed in the quarter, but what do you think the kart had for a time to 150? (Sounded pretty tapped at the end.) I was only thinking the car guy could at least have made a run at it.

Ahh, now I know what to do with my F3 motor.

So, what kind of motors are typically used in these carts? I would think the I-4 is the way to go, although talk about overpowered...they could barely tap into that gixxer motor before they ran out of track or burned up the tires.