Sign in to follow this  

05 Crf 450 with whie alum pro,ask JD

James I have an 05 CRf 450 JD kit 175 main 42 pilot 1 3/4 turns out on fuel screw,red needle #5 clip,power now,I just installed the white bros aluminum pro pipe and silencer,revs well no back fire,but a mild hesitation at idle as you turn the throtle hard,no other complaints but the hesitation,what would you reccomend in your ultimate wisdom,by the way the jet kit rocks on the 05 thank you Skip.

Try adjusting the fuel screw, turning it outwards in 1/4 turn increments. Get the bike fully hot before testing, as richer settings don't warm up as fast as lean. Ride the bike to test and see if 2 turns or 2 1/4 turns is an improvement.

Thanks,

James

James I went way out on the fuel screw,went from 42 to 45 pilot 1 1/2 turns out,seems better ran it down the road and did a plug check,was lean went to 6 th groove from the top on red needle ran better plug browned a bit on second test,will track test saturday and see if the pipe helps,any suggestions or coments to further help my quest,thank you.

If you need to richen further, then use the blue marked needle and starting with the middle clip position.

James