Rainier Honda Yamaha

Does anybody have anything to say about Rainier Honda Yamaha service department? What is their reputation around here?

I gave them my bike to do some warranty work and they are trying to tell me it is not warrantied. Whether it should be or not, I don't know yet.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1555784&posted=1#post1555784

Well, you have it documented prior to the expiration. They will give you some dated papwork, that should be good enough. Of ocurse, normal wear and tear is no under warranty. What exactly is the problem?

True enough concerning normal wear and tear meaning Scratches, filters broken clutch and brake levers. But don't let them buffalo you into thinking that normal wear and tear includes much of anything else. If its internal, it's covered and even much of the external is covered. I have found that dealers who are honest don't question it they simply do it and bill honda. My dealer even lets me do my own work (as the warrantee expressly states). I simply bring in the defective part when I go down to pick up the new part. When they get the old part I walk out the door without spending a penny. ?

My 02 XR650R was purchased a little over a year ago off the showroom floor. I purchased the extra 3 1/2 year warrantee which combined with the 6 month factory warrantee extended my factory warrantee to 4 years. I rarely have to use it but I did use it three times for minor stuff and there was no questions asked. The odometer cable went bad, one of the tank mounts threads came out, and one of the sub frames threads started spinning. They ordered me a new cable, a a new tank mount and the shop fixed the spinning threads. I paid nothing. ?

I already have informed them that my clutch seems to be wore and they said they will most likely cover that too. This is my second XR650 I have purchased form them. The first one I traded in for this one after I had put 5 or 6 thousand mile on it. There was nothing wrong with it and they knew I am not especially hard on clutches.

Well, now I must take it back. Rainier Honda Yamaha took my bike it, tore it apart, and decided they didn't think it would be covered under warranty. After some listening to me ranting about how I have only had the bike for five months, they asked if I would like to have the Honda rep come out and check it to see, and I demanded them to come take a look. I got off the phone with them after I told them to put a freeze on it while I do some research, and I got a call back the next business day telling me that they discussed it with Honda and they are going to warranty it. Before I even got to talk to them, they had already had the warranty parts ordered. They have been very professional in this whole process, they just didn't realize that Honda would cover it. Although I haven't got my bike back yet, I think they will have a return customer. They went above and beyond, and I really appreciate it.

BRK771, keep in mind, if the warranty is questionable and they go ahead and do it, and the factory declines it, then the dealer is stuck with the bill, not you. Thye probably gotten stung a few times so this makes them cautious. As a dealer tech myself, I know how this works. And the dealership went the extra mile to get the factory to cover it, thats good. If its questionable or looks like it may not be covered, many times the district represenative will cover it to keep you as a customer. And if your a regular customer there, the dealer can also mention to the rep "hey, this guys has purchased his last 3 bikes from us, bought lots of accessories...) and you can get even stuff normally not covered, covered per the rep. Also, if they see you in there all the time buying OE parts over the counter, this also makes a difference. You know your "in the door" when the say hello to you by your first name. We have customers that know all of the techs, service writers, sales people at our store. They are like family, cruise right into the shop, BS with us send Christmas cards to us, ,bring goodies etc. Oh, a box of doughnuts when you drop by will move you right to the front of the line! This works in many areas other than just service departments! ?