Sign in to follow this  

(unsolicited advice) What to get him for Xmas.

Ok, I know you didn't ask. And, I know you probably already know what you are getting "him" for Christmas. But, on the off chance you don't, maybe some of us guys can tell you what a guy really wants in his stocking this year!

I can think of a few things that any Moto guy should be thrilled to find under the tree this year. These are generic ideas, and may or may not apply to your guy, but what the heck, uh?

1. T Wrenches. Every Moto guy should have a GOOD set of T wrenches for working on the bikes. You don't know how nice they are until you have them. 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm. He'll love em, trust me.

2. Moto Socks. Kinda corny, I know, but a good, TALL, padded set of comfy moto socks are nice to have. Got some last year, and they are pretty much worn out. Maybe Santa will bring me another pair this year???

3. Air Filter Oil and Air Filter Cleaner. We use it all the time, I always seem to run out of the cleaner before the oil.

4. A bike stand. A decent, solid platform to set the bike on so we can work on it. (this will help us work on your bike better too! 😢 )

5. Oooh, I almost forgot this one... I live where it's WET all winter. I asked for some waterproof socks, cause I have decided there is no such thing as waterproof boots (at least not if your puddles are as deep as ours!). You can find Gore-Tex ones in like Cabellas, or do a search for "seal skins" on the net.

6. Goggles. Can't have too many GOOD sets of goggles. Scotts, smith, or Progrip.

All those things can be found for less than $50, most of them are under 20. If you are thinking of a bigger gift for him, I have a few ideas there as well!

-Does your guy mount his own tires? Do you have more than one bike in the garage? If so, think about a tire mounting stand. They are under $100, and look like they would make the not so fun task of changing tires/fixing flats much easier to bear. I'll take one.

-Do you know his riding buddies? Get ahold of one of them, and ask HIM what your buddy wants for his bike. All of us want SOMETHING for our bike. I wish my wife would ask my buddy, and I hope he would tell her to buy me a Scotts Damper and mount for my WR. Which leads me to...

-If your guy rides trails, woods, desert, or ANYTHING other than just motocross, and doesn't have a steering damper (Scotts, GPR, etc...) then trust me, he wants one. We all do, but never have the money for one, cause we are always buying diamonds and stuff for our wives. 😢 Really though, what guy wouldn't FLIP if his girl hooked him up like that for Christmas!!!

All right, I know I have taken enough of your time. I COULD go on for days here, but I won't. I'm sure other guys will jump in here with some more great ideas, but I hope I helped some of you with an idea or two that your man will love.

Happy Holidays! 😢

Thanks, that actually does help me out a lot. Everytime I'm fishing around for something to get him,he always figures it out 😢 Thanks 😢

Geez, those are great ideas for ME 😢 I need to send that to my husband although, he wouldn't have a clue about what half of that stuff is. 😢

I love the T wrenches idea... and then I can borrow them! 😢 :cry:

Oops, wait, he's on TT...! Hope he doesn't wander into the thumpette forum! 😢😢

A work seat with a pan under it for holding bolts and tools and such, the one with the flames on the seat looks good and can be bought at Kragens for about 25 bucks. I want one.

Those little workseats are great! We have a couple of them in our shop, picked them up at Harbor Freight a couple years ago.

Maybe I'll get a couple more now that the kids are in the shop working on their bikes as much as we are - there's always a race to grab the workseats!

I know I can speak for many guys here and the TT Thong is not even close to being on our list!!! 😢

I would like one of those magnetic plates to hold the fasteners as you take them off.

Always wanted one of those.

The ASV Y handle is pretty nice looking for the guy that already has it all (like my sweetie, that's the only bad thing about him working at the shop, either he already has the cool stuff or he gets it himself at a discount!).

http://asvinventions.com/y-handletool.php

I like the T Handle Trail Tool by Fly too, Yamamama64 and I both scored one of those little puppies at our club's Christmas Party. I had one but someon switched my good T Handle with the removable sockets for one with fixed sockets. So now I have a good one again!

Ice Cream Anywhere is also a fun little trail toy. My daughter scored one at the party. You mix half & half, vanilla & sugar in the inner bottle, put it in a larger plastic jug with ice & salt then zip it up, along with your bowls & spoons into a little pack. Strap it onto your bike, PWC, snowmobile, back, whatever and ride - 20 minutes or so later you got trailside icecream!!!! We will be demoing it this weekend hopefully (snow's melting right now).

Costco had the magnetic bowl & tool strip for like $20 last year, they work pretty well too.

I would like one of those magnetic plates to hold the fasteners as you take them off.

Always wanted one of those.

I got one of those a few months ago from work. I found it in a Harley parts and accessories catologue. They are identical (apart from the pressed in logo) to the Snap-On/BluePoint ones, and way cheaper. 😢

Gee Old Bones... If you use No Toil filter stuff... You can clean the filters with Oxy Clean, it works great! But you still have to use their lubricant and grease. It is great stuff though, wish it would have been around when I was younger and riding/racing..

Kristi

I know I can speak for many guys here and the TT Thong is not even close to being on our list!!! 😢

Although it's contents definitely are........ 😢

My GF was good last year... A gallon size jug of WD-40, one of those parts holders that fits into the top of a 5 gal. plastic bucket, The above mentioned ASV Y-handles in 3/8" and 1/4", and some socks (I'm a sock geek, and they were nice ones). She also got me an iPod which is the nicest gift ever for a music lover...

In return, She got a set of ductile iron brake rotors and carbon fiber side panels for her Ducati.

This year, she's getting a trip to American Supercamp from me and a set of Troy Lee Designs Speed Equipment riding gear from my folks.

I don't know how guys with SOs who don't ride get through the holiday season. 😢

--Fillmore

Swiss Army Knives. Wenger and Victorinox make the best ones. Get him a big one.

I cannot imagine a heterosexual guy that would not adore one forever. They range from 12 to 150 bucks, so there is one for every budget. I got a killer one for 45 bucks.

I make knives and swords, and I still love Swiss Army Knives. It is a sure-fire winner with any guy.

They fit in Camelbacks, etc. or pockets and now come with an amazing array of tools and a lifetime warranty.