Sign in to follow this  

Hare Scramble tracks

Just north of Portland is Longview MX. It's about 7 miles west of I-5 and right on the Columbia river. They hold several Hare Scrambles every year. The Grizzley HS is run in the spring and (I believe) in the fall. They hosted a WORCS race in 04 also. They are open 7 days a week for practice. The HS track gets overgrown a bit in the off season and gets hard to find out in the grassy meadow (look for the jumps). They have a sand MX track that is used for HS and a beach along the river to try high speed staights.The main MX track was rebuilt last spring and is small but fun. This is a good area to practice, nothing too scary or lethal. Try it out. Weekdays you could be the only guy there so bring a buddy.

OHHHH yeah i forgot about longview mx and i always have a place to stay over there cause my grandparents live in rainier (right across the river) plus they have 200 acres i can ride on

OHHHH yeah i forgot about longview mx and i always have a place to stay over there cause my grandparents live in rainier (right across the river) plus they have 200 acres i can ride on

noob -- i live in vancouver and have been wanting to check out Longview. I could go over the weekend if you're interested. PM me. Friday would be awesome but the weather is calling for rain. 😢

J

Of course I wouldn't mind checking out that 200acres as well.. 😢

Well looky here. Hot of the presses. Longview MX is hosting the Hangover Hare Scrambles on Jan 1st. This track is a bit slimy when wet but it is a blast. Flat tracking through the turns in the grass sections is the most fun I've had in a long time. Very few hills, single track, two track, down the beach, with the MX track sections thrown in. Highly recommend this track for a noob. Think of it as a trail ride with 50 of your closest friends. Go to www.nmaoffroad.org events list for a flyer.

ummmmm i don't know but i used to live in vancouver, it's not realy up to me if i go there, it is up to my schaufers (spelling?) (parents). But it would be cool, but definetly wet. We just got like a in. of rain here in the last hour. i'll check with my parents, but it is probably a no go on the 200 acres but you were kinda kidding about that i think.