Sign in to follow this  

plastic, graphics, etc---bling

Well...waiting on the last part to get here, my ThumperTalk graphics for the rad. shrouds.... I am putting a set of Polysport (?) 2004 black plastic on....w/ preprinted red numberplate backgrounds and white numbers....going to clean up the frame spars a bit too while it is apart and I also have some new Stomp pads (from TT store) to go around...I am tired of my boot killing my sidepanels at the front lower corner...

The theme of the bike is red and black with a touch of yellow tossed around, (but not Freestylish) and matches my new HJC Chromium helmet, TLD chest protector, and Fly gear. I think it will look semi-pimp but functional. Only problem is, I can't get a black front number plate in the 2004 design...wonder if I can color the white plastic somehow on the edges and backside?

I also ordered a slew of OEM parts from my local dealer to freshen up some stuff, like various bolts, bushings, brake line guide, brake pads, kickstart lever, etc. You know, stuff to make her "tight" again... 😢

Pics soon...I have to wash her up good and get her spotless, hopefuly tonight...

P.S.- I owe the "FlameKing" some dough for the plastic and backgrounds, he got them for me while I was layed up with the injuries... 😢

Next we know, you'll be hanging out with "Twitch" and Brian Deegan. . . 😢 No really, I'm doing the same thing- freshening up my ride, this Christmas break too. I've heard people using Krylon Fusion paint to re-do panels and stuff. It's made specifically for plastic, so if you can find some in black, I'm sure you could do your number plate.

I just had my front fender redone professionally in a flexible bumper type black paint that resists chipping or cracking when it is flexed. It turned out pretty well so hopefully it will hold up. Many painters I talked to said you can't successfully paint motocross plastic because it has so much wax in the mold. It is very hard to get paint to stick to it properly.