Sign in to follow this  

Parts for WXE360 needed

I have a 1993 WXE360, and recently had a valve tappet break and tear the threads out of the rocker arm; I have my local San Diego Husquvarna shop looking. But dose any one have a lead on parts for this vintage?

Thanks for looking But GP Motors in San Diego found what I needed.

😢

They're a great shop!

They're working on the TE400 I have now.

HONEST/good pricing/and quick.....plus they have a lot of experience with multiple husky engine platforms. 😢

How do you like the te400? I have realy enjoyed my wxe360 but it has been a little tempermental when hot. The guy I bought it from had the valve adjusters cranked down so the motor would be super quiet, but I think it atributed to the faliure I expereanced. I hope I can get it reliable, but if I cant I will be looking for a replacement bike and the te400 is a contender.

GP motors is a great shop I agree, It is just so hard to walk out of there!

I dont get it, I thought the 360 was a 2 stroke, I have a 350 TE 1992,is this what you are talking about.I know the bott end was based on the 2 stroke motor. no oil pump.

Vince

I'm not trying to start an argument but I had a 93 WXE350, I think the 360 is the 2 smoker, am I wrong? Anyway my 350 had a cough and stall problem occasionally and then it would be a biatch to start, one time I counted 27 kicks to get it relit on the trail, I messed with the jetting but I think it was electrical. I also had 2 ignition failures and it was hard to get parts because Husky went from the sweedish SEM ignition to a Cagive ignition in 94 and the dealers had a hard time getting the SEM parts for 93 and older. The Cagiva didn't put out the lighting power of the SEM but seemed more reliable. Overall it was a great bike and could easily hang with all my friends XR600s at the time, but once I rode a 610 I knew I had to have one. Unless you a really light guy who only rides in the woods/tight stuff I'd step up to a 570/610, or 450/510 if you have the $.

all I know is the manuel for the bike says 360WXE/WXC, the bike is a 4stroke...and parts are hard to find. from what i have found out about the badging for Husquvarna during these years is that it is con-fu-sing.

Maybe your having trouble because the suppliers are thinking your talking about the

2 stroke?I am no expert on the models but I thought they were called 350 then they

went to 410.So your manual says 360.

Vince

There was a 4 stroke Husky on ebay a while back listed as WXE/C 360. A fews day in it was changed to 350 in the listing. I assumed that a bidder emailed the guy and it was a typo, maybe it's a typo in the Husky manual.

Hey guys...

Yeah, the WXE/WXE 350 is the 4-s. The WXE/WXC 360 is the 2 smoker as mentioned.

The 350 became the 410, and later went from WXE/WXC to TE/TC models. The WXE/WXC 360 went to WR eventually.

bboyd, norman here has a lot more ride time on his TE400 than I have (I have about an hour on mine), but here are a few of my opinions about the bike. And I’ll try and incorporate a few opinions of norm’s too, and please correct where I am wrong norm.

1: Tractable power

2: Husky stable, but not as stable as early models 00 and back.

3: Well suspended

4: Pipey, likes to rev some compared to early model 410/610’s. (somewhat like a “hyper” 410 in other words)

5: Rad shrouds stick out a little too far, catch on things

6: Nice slim ergos, makes it feel light up on top

7: Steers beautifully for a Husky

8: Descent hot starter once carb dialed in

9: Realiable when taken care of

10: Awesome wheelies!

11: Gimicky lights, but look cool

12: Choke mechanism/mount is not engineered well

13: More confidence when jumping compared to earlier years

14: Excellent Husky styling

15: All the good components from the factory

16: Proven engine design, basically a flawless system.

Hope this helps!

And yes, it’s difficult leaving GP, they have some amazing bikes in there, so Italian! The street bikes….Holy!

What I would really love is an Akropovic exhaust system mounted on my TE400, now that would look sick! Only thing is, they’re like a grand… 😢

Ry

The problems I have with my 92 TE350 are it will lighten the front end with power but

will not come up to cross big logs,I mean real big logs,even with the short gearing I

run,12x 50.AND NO BUTTON.I have raised the forks 10mm or 1/2 inch and the rear sag

is 100mm or 4inch and it turns ok,its a stone axe,if I leave it in the shed for a couple

of months it starts after 3 or4 kicks,I love this bike,but one day I will have to update

to a new 450.

Vince

Thanks for the help and advice, I will have to look a lot closer at the badging on this bike. I think some were on the bike it has a 350 not 360.

barro:..what exhaust/fuel are you running? Maybe some room for improvement in those areas first to get a little extra power for 350... 😢

bboyd: Yeah, if you have a 4-s, then you have the 350. It just might be the manual is for a 360 2 stroker... unless they manual has both bikes in it, the 360 and 350. Either way, I think you have it sorted out now... 😢