Sign in to follow this  

To all the kids wanting a dirtbike

I am a 14 year old kid wanting to get a thumper. I have put together an ebay business that sells yugioh and pokemon cards. I am making 200 to 300 dollars a month and am getting closer and closer to a dirtbike. If you buy something in mass you can make lots of money. I am just posting this to let you know that you should be a little more inventive instead of just hounding your parents for one 😢 .

good for you. I am glad to see a young person taking such an initiative to get their own bike and not have their parents buy it for them. when i was a kid i had a paper route (i know they don't give them to kids any more) and i used to make about 300$ a month. after saving up for about a year and convincing my mom i got my first 125. WAY TO GO! 😢😢😢

We're all proud of you young grasshopper. I too had to buy my first bike, and well, every bike since. You are doing good for yourself. 😢

I had to pay for my bike as well (i'm 20). With tuition it makes it hard to fit a dirt bike in. 😢

I am a 14 year old kid wanting to get a thumper. I have put together an ebay business that sells yugioh and pokemon cards. I am making 200 to 300 dollars a month and am getting closer and closer to a dirtbike. If you buy something in mass you can make lots of money. I am just posting this to let you know that you should be a little more inventive instead of just hounding your parents for one

Well done. Technology and a little creativity can really pay off.

selling pokemon cards? seems far-fetched. my bike pattern has been weird, i pay for every other bike..dont ask.

sure it is... really reliable bike. not the fastest thing out there but it will move a good 65mph. it all depends on how much money you have? are you buying brand new or what ? are you going to ride the track or ride woods or what ? xr200 is a okay trail bike and it can be dualsported as well.

get crf230 not as dated and it has a e-start and a used one goes pretty cheap

I'd be mad when the e-start breaks 😢 , and it adds so much weight to the bike! I don't know what im gonna do lol 😢 .

haha if the e-start ever breaks on ya, just give it a little bump in third gear, i bumped my 230 on gravel b4...just to see how easy it was of course, have had no problems 😢😢

Yeah, well I took the easy way out.....I'm 37 and begging got me AND my son a bike. Wait....I didn't have to beg. It was his idea. 😢

I grew up on 50 acres and NEVER HAD A DIRTBIKE!!! I asked my Dad for one for years and all I ever got to ride was the lousy mower! I turned 16 and told my dad that I needed a car. He said, "You're right, let's go". So we hopped in the car and off we went - I was so excited! Then we pulled into the mall parking lot and I thought, "I didn't know they had a car dealership here." My dad says, "You need a car, so you need a job first. See you in two hours."

Really sucked at the time, but in retrospect I think it was good for me. Still though, the day my son asked for a dirtbike, I jumped in the car and bought us both one, the whole time mentally telling my dad, "Nya Nya Nya Nyaaaa Nya - I'm a fun dad, I'm a fun dad!! Totally irresponsible and teaching my son nothing about the dollar, but FUN darn it!!!!" 😢