Sign in to follow this  

02 vs. 03 YZ250F- URGENT!!!

hey everyone im looking at a new bike since im moving up and i need your opinion. i also need answers quick. anyways im probably goin 2 look at an '02 this w/e with the autodecompression cam. i would hav really liked 2 get the 03 but for about $600 less im kinda confused 😢 so wat do u guyz think should i get an 02 w/ the auto decompression cam or an 03??? and by the way its will be my first big bike and 4 stroke since i just finished w/ the 85 class thanks everyone. 😢

I guess I would go with the 03. People seem to want to convert the 02 plastics to an 03 style. Better money when you resell it in a year or 2, but probably will break even since you would be paying more. I guess to me it comes down to how clean and how well cared for each machine is. What mods each has or doesnt have.

You need to base your decision on the condition of each bike and how well it was taken care of. Have the valves been adjusted, have pistons been replaced. What kind of maintenance has been done on the machines. Good luck, dont let the year of the bike be the only determining factor. A clapped out 03 will be less desirable than a well taken care of 02 obviously. Good luck and dont do a knee jerk purchase, take your time and carefully look the bike over and ask lots of questions about how it was maintained. There are lots of used machines out there, these or not the last two on earth. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

😢 if both bikes are in the same condition..go with the 03...it is 4 lbs lighter and has a way better seat position..it does not have the hole like the 02's. 😢

I have to agree with all the above posts, but if possible I would get the 03. I was going to convert my 01' to the newer specs, but after riding my new 04' a few times I decided not to even bother updating the 01' and I sold it. The 03-04's feel much much better than the 01-02's, but I still say the 01-02's are quality machines and I loved mine while I owned it.

if the conditions of the 2 bikes are equal, go with the 03 as the ergonomics are better and the motor has a little more power.