Sign in to follow this  

Think we will see 4 strokes in the x games

do you think we will see 4 strokes in the x games this year for freestyle ? i wonder why nobody used them last year 😢 Travis pastrana used a 125 so maybe someone will use a 250 or 450 4 stroke this year. I think that would be a nice leap forward for the 4 strokes.

Arent the 450 thumpers like 20 lbs heavier than the 250 2-strokes?

Maybe that has something to do with it. 😢

they are at disadvantage with the extra weight - vines used to freestyle a yz426 and one of the distler brothers rides a crf450, but theres no need for them. The only time and freerider could use the extra mmph is for throwin down in the hills (dunes). this one place aspect of off-road riding that wont be taken over by trends and power hungry newbies 😢

this one place aspect of off-road riding that wont be taken over by trends and power hungry newbies 😢

Trends? Oh, you mean like baggy pants, body art, colored tires, and decorative spikes.

Trends? Oh, you mean like baggy pants, body art, colored tires, and decorative spikes.

yup, exactly

do you think we will see 4 strokes in the x games this year for freestyle ? i wonder why nobody used them last year <snip>

I think that would be a nice leap forward for the 4 strokes.

You won't see them until the manufacturers and sponsors want them on 4-strokes to help persuade sales, which probably won't happen until new smokers aren't being sold anymore.

Just my opinion...😢

they wont use 4 strokes too heavy and different type of riding 2 strokes are better to use for that stop and go and mess around kinda stuff

MXRACER595 has it right. The 2-strokes have an advantage being a little bit lighter. But weight isn't everything or they would all use 125's. The abrupt power delivery matches up nicely with the whip is sideways freestyle antics. I guess that's still one area the ring dingers are still king.

but there are still areas where 2-strokes are better.

And always will be 😢

4 strokes are too heavy for FMX, and 2 strokes are more predictable jumpers, in my opinion.

do you think we will see 4 strokes in the x games this year for freestyle?

no. they're still too heavy

i wonder why nobody used them last year 😢

well, probably because they were too heavy last year as well

Travis pastrana used a 125 so maybe someone will use a 250 or 450 4 stroke this year.

well, 125's are actually lighter than 250s. if i had to guess, i'd say that's why he used one. in what universe does pastrana's use of a 125 relate to someone using a 4 stroke?

I think that would be a nice leap forward for the 4 strokes.

FMX is gay. stop worrying about the world approving of what you ride. just ride.

jeremiah