Sign in to follow this  

Question for Dwight

Hey Dwight I have been reading some of your good advice so far and have found it so helpful!

I was wondering if you know a way to keep my rear brake pedal from bending outwards because at most rides it bends out to far and gets munted. So any "factory tips" to help this.

Any other advice welcome

Cheers

Dan

Have you tried a brake snake. It not only stops it being badly bent and breaking, but the angle of the cable deflects most objects from hitting the brake in the first place.

The best brake snakes you can get a Lowe's. Just get some cable (I forgot what guage mine was, but they have spools of every guage) Then buy some little clamps called "Ferruls" to clamp it on. 😢

I keep hearing about this, and reading the description of it over and over again.. but will somone post a picture of it? A pictures worth a thousand words...

You have your brake petal adjusted too low if this is happening on every ride. I haven't bent a brake petal in years. Check your rear preload and make sure you don't have too much sag either. You need to get the pegs off the ground.

Dwight

Fair question but please put a useful title on your post. Everyone has questions for Dwight. We could have 500 posts all named "Question for Dwight". So, everyone please title your posts with key words.

It'll make the search tool a lot more useful! 😢 Yes, TT has a search tool. 😢

Fair question but please put a useful title on your post. Everyone has questions for Dwight. We could have 500 posts all named "Question for Dwight". So, everyone please title your posts with key words.

It'll make the search tool a lot more useful! 😢 Yes, TT has a search tool. 😢

Yes Mr. Toast... 😢