Sign in to follow this  

Any Thoughts on motard?

ive yet to race but my fidddy is set up for sm; big bore kit, some bridgestone hoops, up three teeth in the front down 7 in the rear, it is super fun to ride and tops out in the low 50mph range!

ive yet to race but my fidddy is set up for sm; big bore kit, some bridgestone hoops, up three teeth in the front down 7 in the rear, it is super fun to ride and tops out in the low 50mph range!
You actually may get more speed out of it if you lower the gearing some, that seems incredible steep what you are running.

I road raced and supermoto'd my xr-100 last summer. It was a blast! I would try it atleast once.

I did some kart track stuff on mine. Total blast. In ohio they has a class for them in the ysr league.

I road raced and supermoto'd my xr-100 last summer. It was a blast! I would try it atleast once.

Matt, I am planning to run my xr100 in mini-motard this season.

How did you set yours up?

Did you have run against 150cc fourstrokes/85cc two strokes? 😢

How did the 100 stand up against the competition?

Thanks

whats up RD350

Well I'm not sure how the rules are out there but we ran against ttr125's Suzuki and Kawi 125's,(thumpers) and then the 80cc and smaller 2 smokes. The 150's were not able to run in our class. I ran stock wheel class with a 19f Chenshin and a 16 R Dunlop GT501. Wish that I had a GT501 for the front too! Choked the forks up about a 1.5 inches and used 15w fork only and a 3/4 inch spacer on top of the spring. Rear end I ran stock shock which sucks. Rode my buddies with a workz and what a differance. That should get you set up suspension wise. Oh yeah get some bark busters or you'll be replacing levers, plus you bang bars allot with other people when its a full grid. I'm selling my supermoto rubber if your intrested in it?

Matt

BTW: Nice screen name. 😢 I"ve had about 5 rd400's and now I finally saw the light and got a TZR250 grey market, that I imported from Japan. Hands down a far better bike then my 400's. L/C Power valves, smooth power band, won't flip you over the bars at 6 grand, and its only 317pounds wet!

i raced a ttr 125, and xr 10-0 with a 120 kit and some other stuff, it's super fun but the 100 class is the same class tha lets hopped up crf150s and 230s ride so you better be damn fast and then some if you want to keep up.

man racing a xr-100 against a 230 thumper is not even close to fair! If anyone is looking to get into road racing a ttr, or xr-100 I have a set of good rubber that I'm selling from my xr-100 super motard days. 19F chenshin and a 16R dunlop GT501. Email for pictures and such.

Thanks

Matt

Motards are cool and all but I would look into Pocket bikes as well. They seem to run hand in hand at the track where I frequent. Most motard riders have PBs too at our track. Fast European ones, that is. Not the imitation Chinese ones. I once had a Chinese PB, but have since moved up to two Czech bikes. 😢 Read sig.

http://www.bms-pocketbike.com/vids/BMS_Rognac-UltraHiRes.wmv