Sign in to follow this  

can xr hold up?

It's like using a waffle iron to make an omelette -- not really the best tool for the job...

But look at the bright side: You're far more likely to hurt yourself than the bike!

😢

I have used my bike for almost everything i can think of like harescramble, motocross, riding it on the road and just trail riding and my bike has had some nasty falls and it is an 87 model and it is just about perfect 😢 So yea xr's arent the best motocross bike but it works! 😢

Installing cr250 ('91) USD forks on my xr4 seemed to correct its landing like a shopping cart full of bowling balls issue.

Now that was funny 😢

BTW, 97XR400R I would love if you have time to right up a step by step on the mod with pictures.

I am working on a mods kinda thread now and it would be a fun one to add.

I've made previous threads with the basic process, but they all died. I'll pull my front end of within the next week and take pictures of the whole thing being rebuilt. And explain how the conversion worked etc, I need to adjust the oil levels in the cr forks anyways.

I've been riding my 2002 xr400 at the track. Is it meant for this? am I going to **** something up?

If it were meant for a MX track, it wouldn't have lights.

The pegs are said to be the first weak link you'll find it you jump a lot.

I found the wimpy fork springs to be a problem on a track.

A few dollars for new springs fixes that problem.

As was said, you're more likely to break than the XR400.

(Casing the jumps is not healthy.)