Sign in to follow this  

three bike in a f150

😢 IS it possible to put three bikes in a 2000 ford f150 the bikes are two xr250`s and a drz250 😢

for the middle bike put your bike stand or something in front of the wheel to stagger the bikes so the bars don't contact. Just like a 3 rail trailer is set up.

I have seen two fourwheelers and a bike in the back of a full size truck (Can't remember if it was a long bed)! Necessity is the mother of invention!

😢 IS it possible to put three bikes in a 2000 ford f150 the bikes are two xr250`s and a drz250 😢

I've put three in my supercrew f150. I just put the third bike in backwards. It worked out just fine. 😢

Turn the front wheels of the 2 outside bikes so that all three front tires touch. plenty of handlebar clearance, and the wheels are "chocked"-you don't have to pull the tiedowns so tight.

Put The Two External Bikes In Forward And The Middle Bike On Backwards

That How Everyone At The Track Does It

I Got Tired Of That And Bought A Trailer

We do the "two bikes forward, one bike backwards" routine on our trailer all the time. This weekend we have to squeeze 4 on there!

[happy dance]I get to ride 2 bikes! [/happy dance]

all the bikes can face forward, I think they are much easier to handle that way, put the two outside bikes in first, then put a bike stand in front of the middle bike, it staggers them to theres plenty of room for the bars....

you can also go about it by putting the front wheels of the outer bikes into the front bed corners with the handle bars turned all the way to the outside against the steering stops. this will put the bike about 6 inches further forward compared to having the front tire straight in against the bed, and with the bars turned in that way they will allow much more clearance. so then you can put the 3rd bike straight in and all the handlebars will clear without any problem.

btw, I can use the same method above to get 2 bikes in with the tailgate closed on a short bed pickup. you just need to swing the back of the bike towards the center a bit. here is 2 DRZs in the back of my short-bed with the tail-gate up: 2 bikes in short-bed with tailgate up

thanks alot guys i surely appreciate the help it was a pain in the ass taking two cars out there (the f150 and a blazer with a bike carrier)now we can a ride all together and save some gas, it was like 130 miles round trip.......

Yeah, I would stagger them too in a p/u truck. You'll need the tailgate down, obviously, if you have a 6.5 ft bed. The middle bike might hang back on the TG a bit depending on how staggered it is.

I have a '99 GMC Savanna cargo van that will fit 3 full sized bikes (YZ400, WR400, BRP). It looks pretty sweet when you look back and just see stuff everywhere since you need to put the gear bags on top of the seats. Plus, you can leave the van locked and secured unlike a p/u bed. And yes, I'm aware that vans are ungainly and hideous.