Sign in to follow this  

Buying an SM then making into S/E?

OK,

Noob here with a question (or two). I AM going to buy a DRZ400S or SM (in Cali, to get a plate)

I already have a supermoto / streetfighter type bike in the works.

Should I get the SM and then sell off the the street tires/rims/brakes and replace with dirt (black excels? Pirelli M21s? wave rotors)

I have to get rid of the deathwings on the S anyway and I love the black look of the SM.

Is this a waste of money? are there other things about the SM that are too much street oriented???

thanks in advance,

Reflexx 😢

So the only reason you want the SM is because it's black? It's gonna cost some money to convert it back to dirt. Seems to me you'd be better off with the S and just change the tires on it. 😢

I agree. Just get the S, change out the tires to better dot knobbies and by some acerbis black plastic. I would get the black rear fender and headlight from Suzuki since it will be available once the SM is released. The acerbis rear fender does not fit the S without trimming and no one makes a black direct-replacement headlight numberplate in black. So basically for around 250-300 bucks you'll have a black street legal dirtbike (plus cost of bike 😢 )

Jerry