Sign in to follow this  

TE400/TE570 exhaust

Can anyone tell me if the exhaust ports/mounting config are IDENTICAL to each other on these bikes? The 01 TE400 and 01/02 TE570?

Would like to get a used AKRAPOVIC EVOLUTION or RACING system for the TE400, but noticed they only say 570 when advertising, but I believe they're interchangable. 😢

Just want to make sure with you all first,

Ryan-

have you seen the dyno numbers for the 570 on their website? Even with the stock pipe, holy chit!!!! surely the pipes are good, just look at the supermoto and euro MX scene. Another alternative is getting a Leo Vince system.

Norm, awesome question. Thought you migth be thinking that. No way man, the 360 is still a viable option. Suppossed to see it weekend of 25th, to inspect it in person if it's not yet sold. For some reason I just get all pumped up when I go to GP Cycles here in San Diego and see a dozen Akpropovic systems on the 630/570/450's you know...SMRs....so having one on the 400 seems mighty fascinating... 😢

1360: I know, I've been to their website. They make incredible systems, and I noticed a grip of them at the World SM race in Del Mar this year.

I know the 570's/610's are more responsive to aftermarket systems, but wasn't sure if the 400 would yield a nice improvement, as in worth the cash to do it. I have the PC/FBF system now, and it seems so-so, but I think there is more to be had in their header/step up design, and silencer. The craftmanship is not even comparable when examining the Akropovic vs. the PC/FBF system.

Leo Vince system 😢 Any details, pics? Hmm, never heard of them.

Hey Ryan, I noticed a real gain with the Uptite on my WXE350, that was like 11 years ago with my seat of the pants dyno. The Akropovics look to be the buisness but REAL expensive! Hope you get a good deal on that used one.

Don...yeah...I've never been on a 350, but I imagine it's just a little less balsy than the 410....ok, maybe a lot less, but I still heard they were awesome bikes.

I was thinking I could get a better all around powerband out of a higher quality exhaust. Plus, the FBF system looks like everything else out there. I hate having something like everyone else, I mean how many people have an Akropovic or LeoVince system?? 😢

I have not found a used Akropovic. If I can't find one, I'll also check pricing on a new Leo Vince system. I found their distributor here in CA, so I will call them tomorrow to see who retails them and for how much....

I have two different supertrappers that are quiet, but seem a little restrictive.

biz....yes, they are restrictive. I've used one on my old 410. Nice and quiet, but the power was just not there like the other one I had on there, the big gun that is.

Whet does the end of the st cannister look like and how does it mate to the pipe?

ryboj--if you want to be different get a HRT pipe.

There's no ST style available for the 400/570's that I am aware of. I think biz was referring to the older 410/610 models, basically the Malcolm Smith pipe, which is a SuperTrapp pipe in so many words...

HRT, I don't even know what they look like (he has no pics available). I believe it will make nice power, HRT that is based on my conversation with the owner I had a few months back for the 610, but I really dig the power/cosmetic look to the Akrapovics.... they look sick!

Either way, it's going to be expensive..

The Leo Vince silencer is around $320 retail, but just the silencer. You can't get the system unless you spend like $700 and change. No thanks. But I don't have the stock header pipes that came with my bike, I only have the aftermarket PC/FBF ones, so I don't think a Leo Vince silencer will bolt up to my PC/FBF header/s. Hmm

Will figure out something... here

Ryan

1360...not a bad idea. But, does he have them available on a bike too??

That's what i was thinking. he has built then for ktms as well, maybe some one would stop by his shop for a pic. who knows. I would like to see what they look like.

I'm quite curious myself. I honestly believe it will make a nice powerband according to what he mentioned about the design of the system. I already make good power with the FBF system I have, but I have to tell you, cosmetically speaking, the Akrapovic system blows my FBF system out of the water, and I know it will make more power too.

So, this is more or less a question of looks at this point, because my power output above what I have now will be minimal.