My spousal unit decides to ride!

Yeeeehaaaw! She's decided(without pressure from me) that she would like a dirt bike, and says "I can see this being a fun family thing". You bet! She grew up riding on her parents farm, and she's zoomed around on my vintage 125 with no trouble so she's not a complete stranger to the two-wheeled world. I think she'll do very well, and have lots of fun. So......if anyone has a lead on a good used bike in the "wife" caliber I'd be interested. Have cash too. Thanks!

Eric

What does she want? 2 stroke or 4 stroke? I have a 99 YZ250 I'm looking to sell but would'nt recomend it for a first bike.

Jeff

That would be way too much bike for her. I will get her a 4-stroke for sure, unless I can find a used Gas Gas Pampera 250 somehwere(doubtful). Something like a TTR, DRZ 125 or CRF 150. Maybe even a CRF 230 or XR200. Any particular model I'm not thinking about? She's 5' 7".

Eric

Eric, now that we are almost neighbors, during the summer, we do big family group camp outs with all the dirt bikes and quads. I bring the wife and grandkids. So this is a must. My wife doesnt do 2 wheels, but she rides the big utility quad (my hunting rig). 3 day weekends out in the GPNF is a blast. By the time I get done, you'll have more riding buds than you'll ever need! ?

She needs a TTR125L, DRZ125L, XR100/150/230, KLX125L or something in that range.

I have an 02 TTR125L and its a fun and easy bike, plugs right along in the trails with gobs of power and the 03's showed up with e-start as an option ?

I just sold my wifes TTR125LE not 3 hours ago. Same deal, she was tired of being left at home while the boys went riding. Rode twice. Crashed a few times including two spectacular face plants, and that was it. Parked the bike since August. Lost $$$ on that deal

Bring her along . . . we camp a lot all summer over here on the dry side of the mountains; turn her loose with the rest of us gals and we'll look after her. Less pressure that way. It's a ton of fun.

That's what I hope to do. I think she'll really enjoy that. I have a feeling that my daughter(7 yrs) will be begging for a bike too when she sees my son and wife get theirs at X-Mas. ?

Eric

If your wife is 5'7" I'd stay away form the XR100/CRF150 size bikes. XR200, TTR125L, CRF230 or even the CRF250X would fit her better unless she has really short legs. I know they are heavier than the smaller bikes but, my boyfriend's 11 yo daughter rides an XR100 and she's almost too tall for it at 5'4".

As long as she can touch with both feet pretty well, she should be fine. I always feel more comfortable on a slightly taller bike than on something where my legs are cramped under me. But then I do ride a CR500 so, maybe it's just me? ?

I'm 5'7" and started on an XR200, and now ride a KTM. I'm a bit tippy-toe on it, but it's not bad. I definitely agree with Bbbom--a XR100 would be far too short, which makes riding uncomfortable since you feel so cramped. I've ridden friends' KX100s and TTR125s and felt very bent over when trying to transition from sitting to standing.

What are you all doing in February? You should join the caravan to Reno . . . Feb. 17-20, or whatever the dates of that weekend are . . . there will be TONS of women riders there. And guys too of course.

Eric a gal in our club stands 5'7 and had a TTR125L, but it was just too small. She now has a CRF230 with the magic button and loves it. If Mandy was taller than 5' even she would be on one too. The 230 is a great bike and is very friendly. This will give us a chance to get together and ride again. Our club is riding at Vantage on the weekend of 1/15. Can you make it?

Oh, the DRZ didn't happen, but I did drive 6 blocks farther and picked up an 05 Silverado! ?

Ryan

Oh, the DRZ didn't happen, but I did drive 6 blocks farther and picked up an 05 Silverado! ?

I see you've got your priorities all screwed up now. ?

Eric a gal in our club stands 5'7 and had a TTR125L, but it was just too small. She now has a CRF230 with the magic button and loves it. If Mandy was taller than 5' even she would be on one too. The 230 is a great bike and is very friendly. This will give us a chance to get together and ride again. Our club is riding at Vantage on the weekend of 1/15. Can you make it?

I'm glad you said that, because I was afraid the 125 4-stroke could be a little on the small side. I'm also glad that a TT'er has contacted me with interest in selling a Gas Gas Pampera 280. By far, the best trail bike for the inseam challenged and 198lbs dry. They are sweet machines. I rode the 250 version several times when I lived in Colorado. A friend of mine(who bbbom, and firecracker probably know) had one.

The ride near Vantage- are you referring to the Green Dots? It's possible we could make that. Day trip or overnighter?

Eric

Seat height, I guess I would have to measure it. You could check it out if your going home to Ephrata for the holiday. My kids are all too big for it now. I still use it to ride to the end of the road for my newspaper and chase cows.

That XR might be perfect for him. Send me a PM w/ specifics, asking price, some pics if ya got some, and your phone # so we can talk. May just have my old man run over there to look at it for me. Unfortunately, I won't be coming home for the Holidays this year. It would be after the 1st of the year before I could pick it up.

What are you all doing in February? You should join the caravan to Reno . . . Feb. 17-20, or whatever the dates of that weekend are . . . there will be TONS of women riders there. And guys too of course.

I'm certainly planning to go to Reno again. I went to that in '02 and had a ton of fun! Will(CSL) and Jennifer(can't remember screen name) and I drove out there from Colorado Springs. Took us like 20 hrs because of the damn blizzard! Jennifer is the one that had the GG Pampera 250. We'll have to talk more about the caravan part. I haven't been back since, but I've tried every year. Peppermill......here we come! ?

Eric