Sign in to follow this  

What does the Z mean in DR-Z RM-Z !?

Question asked in Israeli forum and nobody knew what the answer is 😢

lets try here... 😢

Don't know what it stands for but I think it means the bike is a 4 stroke. All the RMs are 2 stroke and the RM-Zs and DR-Zs are 4 stroke.

But then it could mean "water cooled" as the DR-350 was an air-cooled 4 stroke.

Who knows! 😢

Ian

The Z is marketing hype. Since Z is the last letter in the alphabet; it indicates in marketing terms that it is the last statement about something, such as in this case performance.

The Z is marketing hype. Since Z is the last letter in the alphabet; it indicates in marketing terms that it is the last statement about something, such as in this case performance.

Next we'll move to the Greek alphabet.

2010 RM-OMEGA!

Sounds fast... but not as fast as 2012's RM-ZETA.

It's not the 2/4 stroke thing, since all the DR's have been 4-strokes...I'm inclined to think it's the "marketing ploy" idea. 😢

Leave it to alphinod to ask the really important questions all inquiring minds want to know! HA! 😢

It's not the 2/4 stroke thing, since all the DR's have been 4-strokes...I'm inclined to think it's the "marketing ploy" idea. 😢

Leave it to alphinod to ask the really important questions all inquiring minds want to know! HA! 😢

Woot... I have another groopy 😢

I'm inclined to say Zooooommm!

But most likely it's because certain letters in the alphabet, when used in product names, evoke certain emotions that make you more likely to buy something. Z is one of these letters; X is another.

I think they are trying to differentiate the 400 watercooled from the air cooled DR's. I agree with some have said about the letter itself making the bike sound more extreme...or whatever.

No, your all wrong. It means that it's Z-rated for high speeds. 😢 This is only for the overconfident which I am not. I only bought one because chicks dig it. 😢

zuper torquey?

zee best?

as mentioned before i think it is just to differenetiate the water-cooled and air cooled four stroke. no particular special meaning to the "z"

they did something similar to the RMX adding the "x" to denote that it was an "enduro" bike .

stop....... lets get the DR figured out first. what the hell does DR stand for?

I think it stands for the Z in Suzuki. I don't know of any other reason I could think of. It's just what they named it. prairiedawg 😢😢