WER steering damper

I just bought a WER steering damper. Here it is not a usual "brand" so I don't no much about it. Is there any usual problems with them? Etc... I gave like 95$ for it, good price? It was the chepeast one I ever seen, so I'm not sure about it. (other use to cost like 300$ (used) here) It is about 2 yrs old.

Thanx

WER makes a good damper. Sounds like you got a good price - they retail for $367. I'd change the fluid before installation. Use good 5wt suspension fluid. Here's the website: http://www.werproducts.net/ You can download a manual from them in PDF format. You may also need the bracket/linkage for your specific bike. They will have those as well. If I recall, they cost about $40 - $45.

Ok, thought to change the liqued before installation, is it a hard story or is it like to change it in the forks? A friend of mine said that it (to any steering damper) have to be changed like in a bath of oil? Right? (something like you have to mount i together under oil... Donno. It is describes in the manual at WER homepage?