Sign in to follow this  

05 YZFs any differance?

I am planning on going honda but i might go back with a yami.

you can either go honda and then come back to yamaha,

or you can just get a yamaha.

click on over to the honda forum and read any of the dozen threads with "valves" in the title. search on username mikekay and see what he has to say.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

wrooster,

don't forget the cylinder skirts that are breaking off as well.

to be fair, blue had a run (about 50 or so) of crank pins that were bad. that was in 02.

yep a full 2 years before there was a red bike.

the honda valve train thing still baffles me. why does honda corp continue to keep its head in the sand? i can't figure out. 😢

wheels,

you got 5 months?

man, you must be easy on the bike.

my 63 year old friend didn't get that.

i think he used up 4 or 5 sets in 9 months.

i know one set lasted the entire Caney Creek Enduro. well, if you count being towed to the truck by a drz, finishing the event. i know his son (4strk A) toasted a set in a single 2 hour harescramble.

wheels,

you got 5 months?

man, you must be easy on the bike.

Wellll, it's my wife's bike. I'm just the lowly mechanic.

Actually the valves had started to move at the two month mark and the valves were going out of adjustment faster than I could shim them. Rumors put the Kibblewhite kit at early October so we tried to limp along 'til then. Alas it was not to be and when I was at 120 shims in late September we were forced to put stockers in there. In fairness, the second set has yet to move, but I'm not holding my breath on that continuing to be the case.

hhmmmmm...I kinda want to stay yamaha, but my dad is getting a CRF 450 and I want to ride the 250 class and I cant switch from yami, to honda. thats the only reason and the weight displacement issue