Sign in to follow this  

Parking Tips for SF SX ?

Last year I rode my sportbike, which worked great. The year before that, I took the Suburban, and it took an hour to get out of the parking lot 😢

Since BART doesn't go near Pac Bell Park (SBC Park now?), what's the hot setup on parking so that you can get out quickly after the Main?

You guess is as good as mine.I dont know why they dont run the ferry.That is the best way since I live in Alameda.They run it for baseball and it drops you off right there. 😢

The road bike is the only way to go....but not if you ride a Harley or have a noisy pipe----last year, every Harley within view of my bike got their seat slashed by someone who left a note on each saying...'this is what you get for riding a noisy bike in my city'....another example of why I'm moving back to Colorado...

I'd 2nd amtrak. It drops you off close to the park and is fairly quick from sunnyvale. I'll take it this year unless the weather is nice. I had alot of fun hanging out last year and would like to tailgate with some buddies.(tters included)

The road bike is the only way to go....but not if you ride a Harley or have a noisy pipe----last year, every Harley within view of my bike got their seat slashed by someone who left a note on each saying...'this is what you get for riding a noisy bike in my city'....another example of why I'm moving back to Colorado...

Wow, that sux Pete. Makes me wonder, though. I had a small thing done to my sportbike while it was parked for the SF SX last year -- somebody threw the kill switch to OFF. I normally don't use the kill switch, so their throwing it had the obvious effect -- I tried for about a minute to start the bike, wondering what the heck was wrong, before I got around to checking the kill switch.

At the time, I thought it was a pretty weird thing for somebody to do at a motorcycle race, to mess with a bike like that. But I figured, whatever, must just be somebody who's mad that I'll get out of the parking lot way before they do. Still seemed weird to me though.

But if some jerks were out slashing seats too, with the excuse that the bikes were Harleys, then I'll bet it was just a bunch of bike haters that organized some. Really sux. I'll have a brand new Buell Firebolt sportbike by the time of the SF SX that I was considering riding (with berkeboy on the back), but now I think that option is defiinetly off the list. Freaking San Francisco jerkoff dweeb idiots.....

Anyway, thanks for the ideas guys. Novaman's idea of the train is worth looking into. No matter what, the racing is going to be the best ever 😢

I'd 2nd amtrak. It drops you off close to the park and is fairly quick from sunnyvale. I'll take it this year unless the weather is nice. I had alot of fun hanging out last year and would like to tailgate with some buddies.(tters included)

Hey, a TT tailgate party sounds like an interesting idea.... 😢 :cry:

I'm parking at the south beach marina... 😢 I can see my car from inside the park, the parking lot is 15 ft. from SBC park. 😢 You need a pass to get in though.