Sign in to follow this  

re little black box

Has any one remove the oil separator and put in a PVC valve. Just wondering it soupost to reduce cylinder head pressures and make a little more hp.

Has any one remove the oil separator and put in a PVC valve. Just wondering it soupost to reduce cylinder head pressures and make a little more hp.

Who told you that?

I'd love to see the back to back Dyno sheet that supports that statement 😢

If you have so much blow by,, that the limiting factor to venting it,, is the flow of the breather tank.. You have bigger issues to deal with. 😢

If your really interested in trying this.. Simply vent the valve cover to atmosphere, and block off the return breather tank drain on the cylinder.

Some guys with KTM LC4 bikes have reported, that their valves in breather tubes have frozen in winter time.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but yes there have been long (protracted) discussions about removing the breather box and the relative merits of various ways to scavenge blowby. The best approach for most of us that are less than full race is to leave the box in place.

What you might be referring to is in full race automobile engine prep, vacuum pumps are sometimes used to evacuate the crankcase to reduce "pumping losses" (air friction) to gain a few HP. A PVC valve is not going to do it. A PVC valve is a devise used between the crankcase and the intake manifold of engines designed to use manifold vacuum to purge blowby. Not applicable to a DRZ. I am unfamiliar with how KTM does it on LC4's or RFS engines.

the only thing it makes by removing it is one hell of a mess.

Ditto. I tried everything possible to keep the black box off the bike, but

nothing could keep the oil from leaking. It was worse with the big bore kit.

Leave it on and learn how to work around the box. I did...