Sign in to follow this  

Polisport Plastics

I've recently found out I get a deal on these (35-45% off retail), but I know nothing about them beyond what their website says. (http://www.polisport.com). They're made in Portugal. I've never been overly impressed with UFO or Acerbis, but I don't want to get all new plastics for my YZ just to find out they don't fit well or are fragile.

Does anyone have experience with them?

I'm looking for a new side panle and i have come across them, not experince at touchy felly tho. If there website is like their products tho i am gonna give them a miss, i couldn't find the prices anywhere &%$#@! 😢 do people spend so much time in making a flashy website that then is not very user friendly 😢

I looked at their product at the Indy motorcycle show this year and it looked good. I have no idea how it fits up. Your right, their web site sucks.

😢

I have the Polisport plastic on my CRF450.

It was cheaper than anybody else, ( $110 full set ), and supposed to be closer in color to stock than anybody else. It is a shade light though. Bolted up good and seems to be durable, so far.

Did anyone else notice the WR on there site is backwards? Exhaust on left, caliper on left, foot brake pedal on left? &%$#@!? This is interesting.

As far as their plastic goes I just ordered a front fender for my WR from my local shop and he HIGHLY recomended Polisport. So I'll let you know.

Polisport plastic is patterned after Cycra's Durable Gloss Polypropylene (DGP) that is supposed to be both high gloss and resistant to breaking. I've seen some testing in the magazines for the KTM and they rated it good, especially based upon it's price point. And yes, we do carry Polisport as well as Acerbis, UFO and Maier.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com

1.866.6.SHOPTT

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice the WR on there site is backwards? Exhaust on left, caliper on left, foot brake pedal on left? &%$#@!? This is interesting.

As far as their plastic goes I just ordered a front fender for my WR from my local shop and he HIGHLY recomended Polisport. So I'll let you know.

The photo was just reversed, it happens a lot if you look close enough. Watch T.V. a lot, you will notice it there too.

What all comes in the kit? 1 front fender, 1 rear fender, both radiator guards and then what? All 3 number plates and fork guards? Or all of the above?

I have never replaced the plastic on my bikes and my Quad has had the plastics replaced I'm pretty sure but I didn't do it and don't know what brand it is. It fits up ok but not the best but not bad either. I don't know what stock looks like but I assume it fits a little better where the front and rear peices meet. I have seen friends replace there plastic with Maier and it seems really good. I have also heard great things about them. I havenet tried Cyra as I looked at some radiator shrouds but just don't know that I like there style pastics.

I run cycra plastics which are like pollisprot.I think the cycras are much nicer than stock or acerbis.They dont streak as much either(knock on wood).

Yeah, for my YZ plastic quality is more important than the XR. I routinely ghost ride the XR (not on purpose) and put'r away wet, while the YZ get's the toothbrush treatment... but I hate the beat look of the blue plastics after just a couple rides.

I just put an 04 fender on my 01 cr250. It bolted right up and I'm rather impressed with it considering the price, $16.99. Some of the aftermarket plastics seem to be thinner but the polisport is as thick as the stock fender. This is especially noticable on a front fender since some of the support comes from the gauge of the plastic and a thinner plastic fender will move around/vibrate more when you're riding.

Hello,

Just for your information, Polisport is a company established in 1982 and is producing all its products here in Portugal.

We are the only ones injecting plastic parts with DGP (Dyrable Gloss Polypropelene), and are selling to other company that rebrand our parts (like Cycra).

We are a well known company in Europe and are the main compatitors of ACERBIS. We are starting in USA and sales are growing every year. This means that peopleare realising that Polisport offer the best quality plastic parts for a fair price. Please try our parts and you will realise that too.

Rgds

José

... from Portugal

• Like 1