Sign in to follow this  

help with xr650r jetting

my '02 xr650 is getting worked over after my latest crash.. 😢 im running the stock header pipe with a fmf titanium 4 mid pipe and muffler. it ran awesome with a 175 jet until the wipeout pulled everything off the back including the exaust, so i bought another fmf titanium 4 and this time i drilled and vented the side cover and added a uni filter for increased air flow. I ride in florida @ sea level. any suggestions based on experiance on which jet to move up to due to increased air flow? it ran lean so i just taped up the side cover holes until its jetted right. my 17''s will be in this month so i will have it dyno'd (street tires needed for that) and jetted then, im just trying to save some time by knowing what jets i should try.. thanks!! also, does anyone think adding the fmf headerpipe is worth it?

6fiddy, I have the Ti-4 muff and the FMF powerbomb headers. Your main jet should be around 180 and your pilot should be 70S.

In regards to the headers my powerbombs definately increased the top end of my powerband. Well worth it if you doing any 100 m.p.h + riding in the dez. If your not going to be going that fast don't waste your money. 😢

thanks for the tip, i cant imagine 100mph+ in the desert! must be nice to have wide open spaces. count your blessings and have a great holiday season!