Sign in to follow this  

Scotts Damper Collar

No, because there is not enough room between the clamp bolts and the head tube.

Weld it and it will never come loose.

I have a GPR ver 2.0 - it comes with a decent bolt on clamp design that is rugged. It did require BRP clamps. A really nice stabilizer. Ask for the lighter dampening if you ride the woods...

MSTex

I'm running an old Scotts KTM bolt on post (sheetmetal) on mine. Bolted right up and has held fast for over a 1000 miles.

http://www.roosterperformance.com/private/ICS/ICS-4.jpg

Also note the ICS damper. I have been testing this for months and am really liking it. On the stand and riding it feels as if it is not doing anything (good) until you hit something and then it is obvious it is doing something. Very transparent only works very well. 😢

I modified a KTM post and almost had it working, almost! so I ended up with a weld on for the 450, but I like the bolt on for the 510.

Kelly,

Who'd you get that old KTM post from?

It came with the Scotts damper I got from a guy who traded me for a GPR (dork). I have no idea what year or model or when they made these. looks like it might fit a lot of models. I am designing one in a similar fasion only much nicer.

Ride:

Excuse me for an ignorant question but what kind of handlebar set up is that?

For that matter what is the odometer unit?

Thanks.

That is the amazing Fasstco Flexxbar. We build the proprietary hand guard system for them. I worked with the owner of Fasstco to get it just right. the bars are spendy at $300 but you can take them with you like a damper to your next bike. They have a pivot and adjustable flex. They are excellent and great for people with hand / wrist issues.

http://www.fasstco.com/html/flexx_bars.html

The odometer unit in the pic is the stock one popped out of the Husky cover. I have replaced this one with a $20 cateye (mountain bike) computer that is much better and has many more features.

It came with the Scotts damper I got from a guy who traded me for a GPR (dork). I have no idea what year or model or when they made these. looks like it might fit a lot of models. I am designing one in a similar fasion only much nicer.

Nice! Add that to my Rooster list when your new goodies come out. 😢

I just Tig welded my tower on yesterday...a little brush up and some paint...looks perfect...

I will post a pic when i get one taken.

I've been looking for a used damper for my 04 TE 250 does anyone have or no where i can find one? 😢

Are you still looking for a Scotts?

I have an older one that is in good shape. Rebuilt a couple of time, and a weldable post.

PM if interested.

-Tony

I had the Scotts weld-on version installed on my '04 TE450, and touched it up w/rust-oleum silver/grey and it works and looks great. Only things to note are that the bar mount position on the Scotts unit is about centered between the forward and rear positions of the stock husky reversible mount, and I was hoping to get the Fastway bar/damper/guard mount, but it was not available for the Huskys.