Sign in to follow this  

Here's my frame!

i think you better go to the eye doctor :/ just a hint

looks a little out of focus to me but not bad. I can see it fine. I had to re weld well got a friend to re weld since I don't have a welder the frame where it connects under the seat on my XR as it broke I think from me jumping it and landing hard. It broke at the factory welds so he just rewelded it.

Did he just reweld it or did he grind out the original weld first? What did he use to weld it with?

I am really not sure I think he ground out the original weld but I'm really not sure. He has a wire fed welder I think is what they said. I'm not really sure what he used other than that. I don't really know much about welding but he is a guy probably about 55 or 60 my uncles dad anyways and he has been welding for years so I'm not positive what all he did as he told me I could just drop my bike off and he put a new muffler on it that I had bought and welded it up for me. I could have done the muffler but he said he would put it on while it was out there if I wanted so I just let him. He knows more about bike than I probably ever will and used to ride dirt bikes but is into street bikes now. He is always rebuilding something with one of his son's or used to help me a lot and knows what he is doing. I think they said he had a wire fed welder they said it was basically what you see on TV with like Jesse James using and stuff when I was asking my uncle about what kind of welder he had.

He probably used a MIG (Metal Inert Gas) welder with flux core wire. It can be tricky welding a Chrome Moly bike frame if the welder just assumes he is welding mild steel.

Cute dog.

Areyou talking about that little wimp? His name is Jake and every time some body picks him up he starts to shake really bad! He is a little WIMP:lame:

Dan:usa: