Sign in to follow this  

Pro-Moto Billet silencer, anyone using it?

Ok, so I just got my PMB silencer for the WR and I realize that it still is restricing exhaust flow. I thought those little holes around the perimieter were open and it somehow quieted my bike down. My question to you is, do I leave the pipe open and keep the power, or will the PMB baffle quiet it down without restricting her too much.

Thanks

I have 2 WR's both with ProMoto baffles. Both bikes run fine. Aftermarket pipes tend to be very loud.

The stock pipe with the baffle makes good power is quiet and is paid for.

Ok, so I just got my PMB silencer for the WR and I realize that it still is restricing exhaust flow. I thought those little holes around the perimieter were open and it somehow quieted my bike down. My question to you is, do I leave the pipe open and keep the power, or will the PMB baffle quiet it down without restricting her too much.

Thanks

All depends on where you ride. If you ride on private land and don't bother a lot of people with an open pipe, then all means use it, but... If you ride in and on public parks, riding area's and/or tracks, use the baffle.

Generally speaking, any pipe that meets sound regulations will restrict flow compared and diminish performance compared to a louder pipe. However, there are diffences among the "quiet" pipes.

I initially used a YZF exhaust with PMB end-cap and silent insert on my WRF. This setup had better performance compared to the WRF stock exhaust but was not as good as the unrestricted YZF pipe. I noticed mostly mid-high powerband losses. Low end was still pretty good.

Now I have the DrD pipe with the quiet insert. This setup performs great. I only notice a little improvement on the top-end when I take the insert out. No real difference in low-mid power.