Sign in to follow this  

Getting a Rekluse for Christmas!

Finally got my mon talked into a Rekluse system for Christmas 😢 . it should be here by end of the week, but she said i can't install until after Christmas, Sucks!

anyway, does anyone have any install tips, i have heard that the instructions aren't always the best. thanks

Search for "z-start" or "rekluse" in the appropriate forum for your bike. There are literally hundreds of posts on install questions.

Also print out the lastest version of the instructions on the rekluse.com website.

Hey Fellas-

I treated myself to an early Santa this year with a bright shiney new Rekluse Clutch for my 04 YZ45.

I've just ridden it around the neighborhood, but I have a sneaky feeling this thing is the best mod I've added to her. I just can't wait to get it out in the woods tomorrow.

It went in without a hitch, and used 242 and 222 where needed, but I do have a few setup questions for you Veteran Rekluses relating to adjusting the stall speed and clutch play.

Per the instructions- I adjusted the factory clutch perch adjuster above idle to get the correct free play. And with slight finger pressure on the clutch lever, bike in neutral, increasing revs, it sure feels strange to feel the balls engage and take up the lever slack. I have the light "Woods" spring in the Rekluse Clutch Perch adaptor, and can't seem to feel a difference at all in the speed of the engagement while in gear.

While in gear at idle, should the clutch engage right off idle? It dosen't feel like the bike wants to move forward while at idle and in gear, but It concerns me when I tilt the bike over on it's kick stand to get the back tire off of the ground, the wheel spins but I can hold the rear tire from driving forward with the strength in my pinkey finger. Is this ok?

I'm asking because I've adjusted the Rekluse barrel adjuster all over the place and can't really feel a difference in the stall speed. I can't feel much difference in the stall or is it engagement speed no matter if the barrel is to the far left-nearest to the clutch lever, or with the barrel adjusted to the far right with many threads exposed in the Rekluse barrel perch. It still seems to engage at the same point above idle regardless on how the Rekluse perch adjuster is positoned.

The instructions have me just a bit slightly spooked as I don't want any premature failures to the friction plates or this new toy.

I have seen several Rekluse posters mentioning engine stall as you lock the rear- well, it hasn't happened to me yet, but I have just been terrorizing the neighborhood this AM.

I'll report my findings and first ride impressions after todays ride in the Spillway near Laplace, LA.

I'm a solo rider just getting back into the swing of things after outgrowing my 1977 XR-75 nearly 26 years ago, if there are any other South Louisiana Riders in and around the Baton Rouge area in need of another riding buddy, drop me a line at chip1wa@hotmail.com.

Any guidance or helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

Dirty

I have installed and used many of these and you should be able to tell a difference big time when adjusting it. I just did an 05 YZ250 and the adjuster made a huge difference on when it engaged. Also, most bikes will spin the rear tire when it is off the ground and in neutral. I would think this should be considered normal. A little drag is not a big deal. If it does not stall you should be fine. If it does run the stiffer spring.

😢

anyway, does anyone have any install tips, i have heard that the instructions aren't always the best. thanks

installatiion is very straight forward. even i could do it. you won'y have any problems.

jeremiah