Ttr Raid V Open Enduro

Hi Guys

I Have Found A 1996 Ttr Raid For Sale,an Import From Japan

Dealer Says It Has'nt Been Used For Some Time,how Long I Dont

Know,is There Anything To Watch Out For When Buying,am New To

4 Strokes,also Which Is Better Raid Version Or Open Enduro

Cheers

Jaspar

The Raid will have a weight and handling penalty with the bigger tank,headlamp,electric start and rear carrier,but otherwise they look to be the same bike to me,I was tempted last year with one.

raid version has a metal fuel tank,large circular headlight and the handlebars

on this bike measure 30" from tip to tip and it also sits 1.5"lower than standard.

The Open Enduro models are more sought after than the Raid and hence fetch a higher price.

The differences between the Raid and Open Enduro models:

· the tank is larger on the Raid hence if you fill it right up its going to add weight over and above that of the OE

· the headlight assembly on the Raid is more suitable for road or use on night trials but it is a fairly hefty (4lbs weight compared to 1lb 4oz of the OE plastic unit) item with a mild steel protection bar

· the Raid doesn't have adjustable rear compression damping i.e. "Hard-Soft" clicker adjustment on the rear shock "reservoir whereas most OEs have them

· the Raid’s side panels are more like “pods” - there is a useful plastic box under the left hand one containing the tool kit

· chain size and gearing is different with a 520 on the Open Enduro and a 428 on the Raid

· the rear sub frame is also different as are the seat layouts – the Raid seat is lower (about 35” off the ground compared to the OE’s 36.25”) and flatter. It’s designed for more sat down, long distance work but is a lot better than the OE if you want to carry a passenger

· rear footpegs on the Raid are mounted separately onto the sub frame and on the Open Enduro are small alloy ones mounted direct to the subframe.