Sign in to follow this  

I'm calling it feb. 3 -10 for winter ride

O.K. guy's I'm calling it 😢 seems like most people want to go in Feb. so those are the dates we will work around 😢 For who wants to go the full 8 days or meet up and do partial rides, thats cool too.

I'll keep posting with details as this gets closer anyone can join anytime 😢

I'am thinking about redbird or s-tree.I can't take off for 8 days!Plus i don't think my out of shape body could take it 😢

I'm going to recheck my schedule, should be able to do some of the days. Thanks for all the work guys. I have got to ride soon or I'm going to lose it 😢😢😢 .

Hey Indy,

Keith was talking to Joe the other day. You know them, the fella's that were with me at Moab. Anyhoo, Joe mentioned that he was at the LBL in March a few years back and it was a slimy mess out there. Just bottomless clay and mud. Now maybe he just hit it on an off season or something.

Sounds you have may more knowledge about ridding there during the winter season than he does though. How gorpy is it in the winter out there? What is the weather like?

I am doubting that I can go because of lack of funds, but I think Keith, Maybe Joe, and my buddy Jim (cmore on TT) are interested. But if Joe goes then we have a motorhome to stay in and that may change my outlook on things.

LBL has a small area that is solid clay based and very slippery with mud holes that jeeps and atvs love. The rest of the area is fine as soon as it stops raining. There is a fair bit of dirt in the woods and limestone rocks. Traction is awesome the day after raining. The area is just all hills and the water drains off immediately on most of the trails. They do shut down if they have had too much rain for several days. Dust is a big issue in the dry summers.

I think Joe might have hit it on a rainy weekend. Temps for February should be in the high 40's low 50's. Coal Creek ( windrock ) and Redbird / S-Tree (Daniel Boone forest) are both open all year round no matter what. 😢 That was a great Moab trip! The guys from Michigan were real cool! I remember Darryl, Chris, Keith, Joe, of course Don! 😢

Hey Kevin-

Whats with the bananna's doing the "Macho Man" dance, 😢 what kind of party is this gonna be again 😢

😢

i wish........... oh well got school to attend or else i would try to make it!!! 😢😢😢

Hey Kevin-

Whats with the bananna's doing the "Macho Man" dance, 😢 what kind of party is this gonna be again 😢

😢

Its gunna be the bannana in pajamas party 😢 just make sure you keep your gear on at nite cause were gunna be in the backwoods :D

squeel like a pig :D

you sure got a kind chin...............the kinda chin Id like to set my b@!!$ on :D🤣😢🤣

I'm going to lockin the 3rd - 7th for my dates, best I can do. 😢 I'll be waiting for any more info about the ride that you have. thanks again for the work you guys are doing.

Thats nasty Kevin 😢

We can't be joking like this when theres way too much sausage on this pizza as is 😢

Smudge- we'll take it, glad you can make it 😢

Don't see any talk about where we'll be staying as of yet

Don't see any talk about where we'll be staying as of yet

😢 .............INDY said its pretty open at that time of year sould be able to get rooms anywhere 😢 but I'm thinkin after x-mass to get with him for some more dif. dates on where will be at a certain time and maybe do some reservations but since this trip is gunna be flexible I hate to lock in especially if a riding area is real good and we stay an extra day 😢

Also after x-mass I think whoever is serious about going we need to do the telephone x-change thing to find a solid meeting place 😢

We should put together a schedule and hotel choice for each night so we can allow some to book rooms for certain ride dates. Phone list/email group list and ride meeting time and location for each day should also be set up soon. 😢

We should put together a schedule and hotel choice for each night so we can allow some to book rooms for certain ride dates. Phone list/email group list and ride meeting time and location for each day should also be set up soon. 😢

INDY how soon 😢

ya think before the holidays or after dont matter to me 😢

I got class and work in feb...😢:cry: I'll be ready for more action packed weekends this spring though. 😢

Have fun guys 😢

INDY how soon 😢

ya think before the holidays or after dont matter to me 😢

Lets do it after the holidays. I will call you and we can talk about the trip panning. 😢

I have two others in for this ride 😢 , keeping up is not an issue for them 😢