Sign in to follow this  

Ttr125 Gas Tank

The Gas Tank On My 2000 Ttr125 Broke. It Cracked Where The Shroud Fits At The Top. After 30 Years Of Riding This Is The First Broken Gas Tank Ive Had.. Short Of Buying A Genuine Yamaha Tank Does Anyone Make An After Market Tank That Is Bigger Or That Comes In Any Colors. Or Can This Be Fixed, The Crack Is About 4" Long, Thanks For The Help..

in all of my searches, i havent found a replacement gas tank. i have seen one on ebay tho...it came with the tank, shrounds and graphics. sick ttr, it had works suspension and was tricked out to the max. the guy parted it out tho...

You could get some one to plastic weld it for you. There is a guy in my town who can weld plastic and it looks real easy. I think it was a solder gun with some plastic filler rod kinda like tig-welding with out the welder. He says it will be as strong as it was before it broke.

mine cracked at the gas cap as well.Ive heard of a few doing this & dont know why.Ive been ridding for 22yrs & havent saw this happen either.Keep looking on ebay i see them from time to time on there fairly cheap.They are like $200 new from yamaha.I bought one shiped for like 45$ on there a few months back.Mine hasnt gotten any worse & still doesnt leak so im gonna use it till it leaks but at least i have a spare.

That happened to me too! Theyre junk. I got two stage plastic and vinyl epxoy. Never had any more problems. Ooze it in and smooth it out andlet it dry and it will be fine..

I've never had good luck with JB weld sticking to this kind of plastic, It's great for metal and rigid plastic but not this. Get it plastic welded or replace it....