Sign in to follow this  

230 or 150?

I am a newer 125B rider, about 5'10, 145lbs and every one in my family motos but on the weekends we usually go trail beating, but we all use our moto bikes (yz250,cr125,kx85,cr85), since we started doing this i seem to enjoy it more and more so it leads me to this question, if i was going to do trail riding more often (2-3 days a week) what should i go for? 230 or 150? i have ridden an 01' yz250 and liked it but would it be too much for tight trail riding? or would i feel more at home on a 230 or 150? my (step)dad thinks i would be good for a 230 but i dont know if a 150 would be easier to maneuver around tight woods, any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The 150 is like a sportscar, nimble and quick around the trails. 230 is more powerful, but not as nimble. I havent had any problems with my 230 around tight trails tho, and can really manhandle the bike. I love mine 😢

after riding a yz250, the crf 220 would seem like its standing still. but, given the choice of the two, i would go with the 230

thanks, i will take those posts into consideration.

bye the way, does anyone know of any good mods for a 97' xr200,i also ride that in the woods when i have the oppurtunity but it feels like i am constantly hitting rocks and such with my frame and it has almost NO zip to it. Can i fix this?Thanks

I have both bikes. I'm 5'9" and I can tell you, based on your height - definately go with the 230!! I can man handle my 230 around just fine and the short seat height is good when you get in a tight spot. You'll find that the 150 is too little and not powerful enough, and you'll grow weary of the kick start. The e-start on my 230 spoiled me!! Happy trails.