Sign in to follow this  

Tag privateer kit on WR's?

So is anyone running the Tag metals privateer kit ont heir WR's? I was thinking of going this route instead of the adaptors for the overside bars. I have seen the kit range in price from $180 to $216 and thinks it's worth it since the bars and adaptors run in the $130 to $140 range. For $40 more I can get a top triple clamp. The kit has bars, top triple clamp, bar pad and grips.

Well is anyone using this kit on any bikes? If not how is everyone using fat bars?

1) deja vu?

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206498

2) scotts.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Yes this is why I posted this question, I never got a response. I got your response stating to male sure it can take a Scotts damper but that is not a major concer for me right now. The Scotts is a lot of money and it's not a mod I would get for a few years. So to me that is a non-issue. I wanted to see if anyone used the Tag kit and what their experience with it was. The Tag just seems like a good deal to me but does it work good on the WR's, I never see it listed anywhere for our biks, only the YZ's, CR's and so on.

The Tag Privateer is a good kit for the price. Will you notice a difference between Tag clamps and my personal favorite BRP, probably not. If you are keeping the stock steering angle pretty much all the aftermarket triple clamps are pretty good. A couple of things to think about are bar mount height, rubber mounted clamps, and being able to move the bars forward or back from stock.

I'm using a Procircuit top clamp and BRP clamps for my Scotts steering damper, bars are Tag fatbars (CR Double High Bend) and I think it's an excellent combo. I'm 6' and every combo I tried before left me bent over resulting in lower back pain, now I can stand upright while riding and don't get any lower back pain at all. 😢

BRP did a clamp kit for my Procircuit triple and Scotts Damper.

Good to know that the BRP products are good since I decided to go with their skid plate setup.