Sign in to follow this  

TTR125LE vs PITBIKE - humor me!

OK, I've got a half acre lot and a (small 80lbs) 14 year old daughter.

I want her to have a good bike and for me to have fun too.

I'm looking at Cr107, SPEED MINI or an Icon X90.

Is this apples / oranges? She's tippie-toe on the TTR, but if I get the small wheel TTR, she'll out grow it in a year. I know this is the TTR forum, but leave an open mind for me!

TTR:

+ real bike

+ upgrades

+ she'll never outgrow.

+ green sticker

- cost! $2,500 OTD

- 7hp stock.

- a tad too tall.

PITBIKE:

+ cost $1,200 to $1,600 OTD

+ fits her perfect

+ fun for the dad

- small tank for trail rides.

- suspension?

- a "toy" not a real MC.

What do you guys think? any girl riders have experiences with either?

thanks in advance,

Reflexx 😢

Id personally say she needs the ttr125L/le for sure!!! she'll out grow the small bike soon & its not that good for trails.You both will have more fun on the ttr with minor mods.

Well if the TTR is only a little bit tall for her, that's ok; when i first got mine it was a little big for me, too. You can probably find an older (2001...)/used TTR for less than the pitbike and the TTR is tons of fun. I became a better rider with mine and yet my dad still could have his fun on it too. I felt really comfortable on mine only a little bit after starting to ride it. I'll admit though, since I've gotten a newer bike, I've realized that the suspension isn't all that great on the Yamaha, but it isn't a full sized bike... I never rode a pitbike, but if you're saying she will never outgrow the TTR, may as well try it. Good luck with your decision

If the TTR's too tall you can get a lower seat foam. The TTR is an Awesome bike for trail riding. I do not know that much about the pit bikes so i cant give my opinion on that. You can beef up the ttr so it has about 12 hp too. And it is a very fun play bike. May not be the fastest thing ever but it's alot of fun. Good luck on your decision 😢

Get the TTR125LE and buy a small rear wheel from a TTR125 from ebay. I paid $100 for the complete wheel and tire. It goes right on and works great. Raise the forks in the triple clamp as far as you can. Trim the seat down if needed. Have a great time with it! She will too! 😢

Plan more on 3k for the 50 for that price in mods on the TTR it would be a fire breathing monster!

TTR and cut down the springs and put in some lighter fork oil. When she grows you can get the longer stock springs back fort like fifty bucks.

I've had both........Buy the TTR!!! you'll be much happier. It's easier to ride (not so squirrly), a better fit, more dependable,better suspension, it's a no brainer from what I can see. Or even a Honda CRF100, that's what I got my 12 year old son after our CR107, it was a good fit. Good luck whatever you get!!

-Robbrt