modify drz 125L

I am interested in modifying a '05 DRZ 125L for motocross. Need to know where to locate jet kit, suspension setup and any other equipment needed. I would also like to hear from someone who has modified a 125L and what they used.

Scratchy

Jets are available thru the store at this site

Open the air box

After market air filter

open up exhaust with after market

BBR Frame cradle, saves the engine case from cracking on jumping, frame uses engine case as a stress member

Use search engine to find the details, part numbers, sizes, what is best. Vary your seach to be sure you get all the posts. ?

If you want a rear shock with adjustable dampening just go with a shock for a newer CR85/80. It will not raise the seat height. Also depending on your weight you may need to buy a stiffer spring. In the front you could use KX100 forks. And just get stiffer fork springs. You will need to get a longer neck bolt to fit your drz. You may also want to go down a few teeth in the rear sprocket. Or go up one in the front. Thats what I did and it still has good tourque. And if you ride at sea level you may want to go with a 107.5 main jet and a 20 pilot jet.

The steering stem and bearings from an RM 85 are the same. So, if you get a set of RM 85 forks and triples from ebay or whatever all you need is a longer axle and an RM 85 rotor. To some, this might sound like a lot, but it was worth it because my stock rotor bolted right up to the forks and ALL parts are stock Suzuki. Don't need to fabricate this...shim that.... Also, the reason I said all that was because the Honda steering stem and bearings are proprietary and won't fit anthing else unless you had custom triples made. Be careful with the Honda stuff.

I bought an aftermarket rear shock from Works Performance. Cost me $500 but it's been worth every penny. And, because I weigh 250lbs I needed it!

Hi Steve,

The RM-85 went to USD Forks in 1999 I think? Anyway, I wanted USD (up-side down) bought some from a 2002.

My best guess is that the steering stem and bearings are the same. There were so many parts that crossed over to my DRZ that I figured they just used mostly the same parts. That is the first thing I checked when I began this process. If it's all the same, rock on!

What i did to my bike was t-4

jets, opened up air box

springs front and back

and moose handle bars

sprockets

i also went though a frame which i broke and i didn't crash

a hub where the spokes pulled through

and a new wheel because it was bent

and a new swing arm because it was bent but now its all good

I have all the parts listed in my signature; The kx100 inverted forks bolted right up. I did have front axle issues due to the fast that I have the smaller 125.

BTW mtotdrz, I am almost done welding my lower frame onto my 125. If that frame of yours ain't too bad, I could fix it for you!

I will be posting pictures on my website of my frame when it is done. I just have to prep and paint now.

Keep you all updated!