Sign in to follow this  

16 anyone? & broken bones

I'm going to be sixteen next year and was wondering how much it would cost to get a wr250 registered and so on.

And another thing how many people haven't broken a bone riding a dirtbike?

You probably need to state your State to get feedback on registration costs.

On the injury question, no broken bones or serious injuries in 4 years of riding for my son and me. Longest jumps are around 55' right now, and we've only raced Hare Scrambles so far. Lots of MX practice and fun, though.

I just turned 16 in October. Last April, in fact it was easter sunday, i was out riding for the weekend with all of my freinds. we had already been there 2 days and planning to stay another day. but on the way back from a long morning trail ride, we came upon a very long section of whoops. about 1/2 way through, my crf150 started fish tailing real bad. i punched the gas, to try and straighten out, however i should have used the rear brake. i went flying over the handlebars and fractured/dislocated my right elbow 😢 . coulndt ride for 3 months!! 😢

On the injury question, no broken bones or serious injuries in 4 years of riding for my son and me. Longest jumps are around 55' right now, and we've only raced Hare Scrambles so far. Lots of MX practice and fun, though.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we armor up like RoboCop. Wear all the protection that you can, son. 😢

Check with your states DMV regarding registration costs.

49 years young and 40 years of riding have got me a broken ankle, showing off for a girl of course, and a broken collar bone 2 years ago while racing in the Adelanto GP. A lot of bumps and bruises but isn't that the way it's supposed to be!

aren't you overseas? i havent broken anything yet (knock on wood) in a year of riding. just be careful and dont make stupid errors and you should be fine

well im 16 right now but im turning 17 in january.

NO i havent broken any bones while riding/racing a dirtbike..

BUT.. i did get a major concusion and laserated (spelling) my liver.. all in one crash while racing.. so that landed me in the hosptial for a week and sitting at home for 2 long months 😢 and this all happen on my summer vaction. right in the beging of it to. it SUCKS.

laserated means slice and i had a 1 to 2 inch slice in my liver

Hmm, I have some impressive scars from the bike, but no broken bones. I dont think I have ever broken anything actually, except for my hand once in football, but they couldnt tell if it was broken or not. I had a cast though, it sucked.

iv only been riding for a year and hitting the big 90 footers and have only small cutts and smacked face on handlebars

well im 16 right now but im turning 17 in january.

NO i havent broken any bones while riding/racing a dirtbike..

BUT.. i did get a major concusion and laserated (spelling) my liver.. all in one crash while racing.. so that landed me in the hosptial for a week and sitting at home for 2 long months 😢 and this all happen on my summer vaction. right in the beging of it to. it SUCKS.

laserated means slice and i had a 1 to 2 inch slice in my liver

ive been racing motocross for 5 years with no broken bones, but i was 2 inches away from slicing my liver 2 when the footpeg landed on me... followed by the bike

'04 was my first season racing. Broke my ankle in my first moto because I'm an idiot. Dislocated my left shoulder three times and fractured an eye socket. I'm not proud, just stupid.

So far so good on the bone thing, just gotta be careful and know your limits. Haha, what am I thinking, your 16 you don't know your limits!!!

ive been racing motocross for 5 years with no broken bones, but i was 2 inches away from slicing my liver 2 when the footpeg landed on me... followed by the bike

ouch man. that must of hurt..

this was my 4th or 5th race of the season and i got really F up like i said befor. the worst thing about it, when i was at the gates waiting for the other riders i told my dad ( im getting off this track as fast as possible cuz i got to piss) and sure enough i got off the track 3 turns later getting runed over and slicing my liver. 😢

so one word of advise never say your getting off the track as fast as possible.