Sign in to follow this  

wr250 gray wire and torque

i haven't sold my xr250 yep but i'm reading everything i can about the wr250 so i'll be ready when i get it. sick isn't it. anyway i love the low end torque of my xr, would cutting the gray wire lose that low end torque. should i leave it connected for more low end grunt.

should i leave it connected for more low end grunt.

no. leaving it connected will result in less low end grunt.

there is a 250F FAQ page devoted to the grey wire, including performance comparisions with and without.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

no. leaving it connected will result in less low end grunt.

Wrooster: I read the faq on the grey wire, but with my limited knowledge, I didn't really understand what it does. 😢 Can you explain (in layman's terms), what the thing does, or more specifically, what it does to improve performance when its disconnected?? I especially would like all the low end grunt I can get !!! (So far I've just cut down the throttle stop and removed the buttplug). Thanks for educating all us newbies!!

The grey wire connects a ground which activates a very evil 😢 igntion curve designed to please some EPA guy somewhere. The worse thing about it is it makes the power non linear. The power starts to come up and then about half throttle it falls on its face and later at about 3/4 throttle it starts to rip again. It is actually much harder to ride ride when connected. When disconeted you get a nice smooth rise of WR power. 😢😢

The grey wire [...] activates a very evil ignition curve

and that is all you need to know. 😢

now run off to the garage and disconnect it. 😢

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f