Sign in to follow this  

DRZ125 Pipes: T4, BBR, WB, Big Shot, FMF, etc

Going to get a pipe for the girlfriends DRZ125L and want the best bang for the buck. I am leaning towards the T4 and have read many raves about it, but re-assure me or help me decide on one of the others.

I have heard there are no real worries about db's with regards to pipes and this motor...it just isnt big enough to exceed 96 w/ any after market pipe...is this BS or reality? I know you can add silencing cones to most, if not all the pipes.

I would've made a Poll for this, but not sure how....

Powroll claims that their "Thrust Chamber" has power gains similar to aftermarket exhausts and it retains your spark arrestor. I just ordered one and will let you know how that goes after I get it jetted right. Looks like it mounts in between the spark arrestor and the muffler to give you more volume in the muffler. It only costs $35 and comes in anodized gold/silver/blue.

I like my T-4 it sounds so much better than stock. It defidentley has more hit in the

low to mid range. I love it!!!!!!!

Woo hoo...Santa sure was good to my girlfriend, or better, her '03 DRZ125L. I ended up getting the T-4. I was kind of disappointed that the T-4 was the snorkel model instead of the 'bull-nose' end the big boy models are....but anyways, put it on. I was also disappointed that there was no heat guard...though, this subsided as the fit was dead on and seems tighter the head. The sound, well, is loud when really romping on it, but does sound so sweet! I wish I had enough $$$ to compare all of them, but am very happy with the T-4.

Santa also brought some jets (107.5 main and 20 pilot). Apparently he ordered the '03 TTR125 needle, but forgot to pick it up...dumb ass! I went to drill the brass plug out to reveal the air/fuel screw, but it was already exposed, so I set it at 2.5 turns out. I have read many posts on the elusive air screw and have read it to be towards the rear, on the side, etc...my 03 DRZ125L air screw is on the bottom of the carb, closest to the head. My dad's '05 DRZ400S that we just jet kitted was the same way in almost the identical location. So on the 125, the carb has to be turned 90 degrees to make adjustments, therefore making running tweaks impossible.

Next, Santa brought my Mom a Dremmel...which I test drove to open up the top of the air box after having removed the snorkel. There was a rectangular perimeter of raised plastic, maybe 3x4 and I cut out the inside leaving the raised perimeter.

So..having a new T-4, jetted and airbox opened up with a brand new UNI filter, I went out to pop some wheelies and roost some loamy dirt....NOT!!! Having read that after all these mods, roll-on wheelies were possible, and have it not reality kinda blew. It is extremely easy to start now, normally with out having to choke it and lights on the first kick, which the girlfriend loves. Throttle response is also very crisp, at least compared to what it was. Being her bike and being she is a beginner, it will do fine, but I was hoping to get a lil ripper of a wheeling pit bike outta the deal too. I would add a tooth or two to the rear sprocket, but the thing is already geared so low, oh well!

Santa also got some her some Renthal Mini Racer Wide bars and Acerbis Rally Pros.

Is there anything else, aside from bore kits, that will squeeze a bit more umph outta this bike? I need a wheelie pit bike, errr, my girlfriend does!

My son's (I ride it whenever I can too) has a PowRoll 143 or 148cc (140-something, can't remember) low compression (pump gas) kit and the PowRoll mid cam, jetting, Uni, and loud, loud T-4. It runs real good. Starts and idles perfect. Its easy to wheely popping the clutch in 1st and 2nd gear. Lots of low end torque.

Power wheelies, no.

Hey guys i can pop a whelie on my klx125l when it was completely stock without a clutch. Just slam the trottle and pull up. But now i dont really have to pull up. Well after the 13:1 compression and the 160 stroker big bore kit ill be able to smoke drz250's. Or should i go with a 11:1 compression kit. At 11:1 what octane fuel do i have to use? How about at 13:1?

i have a t4 and it is great it sounds great you can also tell a big diffrence on how the bike rides it has more power

Powroll recomends 108 octane with their 13:1 piston.

Engines only recomends 91 or better with an 11:1 piston.

Higher octane gas will let you get away with being a lttle lean on the mixture since the higher octane will help resist detonation. However you can still be too hot and melt or burn a piston. You can get both 100 octane unleaded and 110 octane leaded from various Sunoco stations. Its more money than pump gas but my bikes only go through 5 gallons or so for two solid days of riding trails.

Do you change to an after market carb too jet or do you jet the stock carb?

I'm not sure what whould be best.

I now know I need to do a pipe. My wifes DRZL is a pig.

Between the BBR pipe, the PC pipe, and the Big Gun pipe, which one is loudest?

I really don't want something too much louder than stock with the baffle out.

they all are loud. oh, and this thread is one year and three months old...👍

Does the T-4 come with a jet kit or not plus im on a limited budget of like $250 would the T-4 be the best for me to get because i am also looking at the fmf power core 4 has any one had that let me know wat would be best

the fmf is a giant POS, its only a slip on, no header. get the procircuit-it doesn't come w/ a jet kit though.

lol.. old thread.. 2004...

PC or Yosh. No jet with either.. just order a large round mikuni for the main. I opened the airbox and I'm running a 112.5 main (Part# 13-7112 5) and a 22.5 pilot (part# 13-0022 5). Assuming you have a stock carb.

About $3.25 each. You can buy here.

If you don't open the airbox...(why not... I'm not sure)... go with slighter smaller jets.

You can also buy the yamaha adjustable needle set for the TTR125. It has 3 clip positions. The middle seem to be like stock. Lower is righer.. higher is more lean.

I'm running the T-4 with the Powroll 143 13-1 piston with the stock carb rejetted.I'm running a 50/50 mix of race gas and premium. The bike is so good on gas that the added fuel costs are no big deal.The great power increase is a big deal- lots of fun!