Sign in to follow this  

Trials tire (front) for the ice.

i was looking in the new rockyMT book and i went to the Michelin page and they had the X-11 Trials tire (tube type) and the front tire would fit my dads kdx that im taking on the ice.

so would anybody recomend this front tire for studdin up,

i already have a PRO ice racing tire in the back but i want a good tire for the front.

also does anybody have the website for Trellberg Ice Pro tires... i would like to look at those to.

thanks mike.

If you have a PRO built rear tire it will push a homemade front tire all over the place. Get someone to build you a tire if you are serious about riding on the ice. A fat trials tire is not the way to go. I use a Dunlop 490 as a base for Front Ice tires. MIKE

If you have a PRO built rear tire it will push a homemade front tire all over the place

yep what he said.

Trelly's site is www.winterstuds.com but they suck on the ice. trelly's are nothing compared to a pro built set of ice tires. Trellys' are for trail ridding in snow only.

I don't think a square type of trials tire would be very good to stud. I think a rounder profile tire would be better. With studs on ice the bike is able to lean over very far, you need studs around the side of the tire as well as down the center.

ok thanks guys..

but i prop wont be buying a PRO ice front tire this year cuz im just taking my dads kdx out on the track. though i am 5th gear taped 😢 lol but what do you guys think of the dunlop 739 tire for studding up. it seems round and not square so i think it would be a good ice front. pluse it has a lot of knobbies on it to stud.

AND i already have one and ill just take it off my 250f cuz i dont like that tire for dirt. so does anybody think the dunlop 739 is a bad tire for the front..

thanks mike

739 will work fine as long as you put the studs in properly, run a liner and set up all of the front studs as braking studs. Building a front tire is actually pretty easy. MIKE

739 will work fine as long as you put the studs in properly, run a liner and set up all of the front studs as braking studs. Building a front tire is actually pretty easy. MIKE

thanks i built a front tire befor and it work great and only took me about 1 hr to do. i just use a cordless drill and it flew.

thanks mike