Sign in to follow this  

New Yoshi Tec Tip

I have just ordered the new yoski Tec Tip (96dBa) for my full RS-3 exhaust.

Does anyone have one of these new tips?

What is your opinion of them.

It indicates that the system will drop to 96dBa with little on no impact on power.

Burned, Should I stick with the same jetting with this new tip. (I am thinking of changing to the RED needle from the JD jetting kit as we are having a hot summer and the bike is running a bit rich, or I may go as far and changing from a 165 down to a 162)

The current system is too loud at 102dBa and the new anti hooning laws allows the Cops in Queensland to confiscate your bike if people complain. The new tip at 96dBa will meet the legal requirements for Australian roads.

I just installed a Full Yosh SS with the new insert. Its all new, so I have nothing to compare to. The insert is certainly quieter than without the insert. I did do a few test runs for comparison and was not able to detect a power difference between with and without the insert. If there is any loss of power, I wasnt able to detect it. I believe if your jetting ran good without the insert it will be fine with the insert.

--Jeff

Where is the best place to get the new tec tip. I have the old inserts, but am running open. I love the power, but am going deaf in the mean time.

(((I did do a few test runs for comparison and was not able to detect a power difference between with and without the insert. )))

That's great to hear, something that does what it's suppose to. I think thats the main reason people ended up running them open, cause the previous inserts caused too much funkiness with the power output.

I purchased mine from the Thumper Talk Store.

With freight to Australia it was still cheaper then buying it from the local shop.

Where is the best place to get the new tec tip. I have the old inserts, but am running open. I love the power, but am going deaf in the mean time.