Sign in to follow this  

The Good 'Ol Days

Just a couple of pics from I think 1980. I'm on a 1978 MR175 that was my #4 bike. This was back when Doug Domokos was my idol. I could shift a wheelie from 1st through 5th. I could ride 1st and 2nd gear wheelies standing on the seat for as long as I had road. It's a talent I've lost but am starting to get back now that the kids are interested. My fondest memories riding are from the days I owned this bike.

1978%20MR175.jpg

Wheelie.jpg

Seat%20Wheelie.jpg

Maplehurst Cycle Park Spring Grove Illinois (RIP) Summer of 1981. It was my sophmore year of racing. I was actually starting to improve and even got my first trophy that year for 10th place in the yearly 2 hour marathon. 😢

(hey they used to have 50 bikes a moto back then, it took a while to get a trophy!) 😢

Maplehurst_250B_1981_03.jpg

Maplehurst_250B_1981_02.jpg

Maplehurst_250B_1981_01.jpg

😢

bigdesto and over40drz, your pictures aren't showing up.

johnyfast...looking good! i used to live up in wheaton, IL...we had to drive like 3 hours to go riding...it was a huge place called buffalo ranch(?)

This is about as old school as it gets for me. Getting confident in '72. How do you like my gear? No those are not bowling shoes but they sure look like it. 😢

Avondale72.jpg

MX Days in '75

RichmondJump75.jpg

Hare Scrambles days in early '80's

HS.jpg

Is that last pic a DR or PE, looks like a PE?? They had a nice DR 400 back then i believe they were white?

That is a 1980 model PE250. Thumpers were considered play bikes back in the day.

Great pics!!!!

Ill try and get my dads geaduation pictures there of him on his Husky 250. He told me that was the best bike he ever owned.

bigdesto and over40drz, your pictures aren't showing up.

johnyfast...looking good! i used to live up in wheaton, IL...we had to drive like 3 hours to go riding...it was a huge place called buffalo ranch(?)

Trust me, it has only gotten worse. I usually drive 2 hours to ride. Once in a great while I'll get an invitation to a private track that is closer, but not often enough.

Buffalo Rock is still the place to ride in Illinois. She kicked the Quads out years ago, but put in an MX track. The woods are always fun out there. I've been riding there off and on for 'bout 20 years. It's $20 a day.

Bigdesto - some pretty cool pics, that one track looks like Gilligan's Island or something.

over40 - I think I still have that jersey all wrinkled up packed away with a bunch of other old riding gear

Chief - Love the pic of the old KX, I used to drool over those bikes. (who cares if they were piles, they looked killer!)

Cool thread. 😢

I don't know about the rest of you guys that posted pictures here, but I'm starting to feel old. 😢😢😢😢

I don't know about the rest of you guys that posted pictures here, but I'm starting to feel old. 😢😢😢😢

That's because we are!!! Buts that's ok nothing like beating the younger crowd on the track! 😢

Trust me, it has only gotten worse. I usually drive 2 hours to ride. Once in a great while I'll get an invitation to a private track that is closer, but not often enough.

Buffalo Rock is still the place to ride in Illinois. She kicked the Quads out years ago, but put in an MX track. The woods are always fun out there. I've been riding there off and on for 'bout 20 years. It's $20 a day.

Bigdesto - some pretty cool pics, that one track looks like Gilligan's Island or something.

over40 - I think I still have that jersey all wrinkled up packed away with a bunch of other old riding gear

Chief - Love the pic of the old KX, I used to drool over those bikes. (who cares if they were piles, they looked killer!)

Cool thread. 😢

All those pics are from the Imfamous Indian Dunes! Was a great place to ride! Used to race every friday and sunday there~!