Sign in to follow this  

Aluminum throttle tubes

A couple of questions about them.

1: I'm installing both an aluminum throttle tube and cycra hand guards, I know I'll have to cut the end of the tube but how much, or do I just drill the end and grind it smooth inside? What problems should I look out for with installation of them both together?

2: I'm using it with aluminum bars. Do I need to lube the inside of the tube and if so with what? I'll be mainly riding on the street (legal Motard) so I'm not to concerned about hot tips for keeping the sand out of the thing, just smooth trouble-free operation.

I have an aluminum throttle tube on my pro-tapers with bark-busters. I just cut the end off the throttle tube and put a little grease on the bar. Seems to work fine.

Yep.. cut the end off... make sure the throttle tube does not rub on the bark busters. I use Triflow on the throttle tube... grease put too much drag on the tube in cold weather (my opinion)..

A couple of questions about them.

1: I'm installing both an aluminum throttle tube and cycra hand guards, I know I'll have to cut the end of the tube but how much, or do I just drill the end and grind it smooth inside? What problems should I look out for with installation of them both together?

2: I'm using it with aluminum bars. Do I need to lube the inside of the tube and if so with what? I'll be mainly riding on the street (legal Motard) so I'm not to concerned about hot tips for keeping the sand out of the thing, just smooth trouble-free operation.

With the oberg setup no cutting is required. I highly recomend it.

http://www.obergsports.com/off_road.html

I have an aluminum tube ,no bark busters or guards,The best,lube I have found is spray graphite,goes on dry and lasts.

That spary graphite lube is really smart, i use cable lube which works good for awhile, but then gums up.

I am getting a Works Connection aluminum throttle tube for Christmas, untill reading this thread, I wasn't sure or not about lubing inside the inside of the throttle tube. Do any of you know where I can find spray graphite lube?

Better yet just get one with a bearing and you will never have to worry about lube under the tube again. I even run hand guards through the end!

Plus the throttle pull is so S-M-O-O-T-H now.