Sign in to follow this  

basic free mods do i need to rejet

on the wr250 if i take out the baffle,gray wire, and stop screw, would i have to rejet. i've been reading all the old post for days, they're great, but haven't seen this question. i know from my xr i had to rejet when i opened up the air box, but i don't want to do it with the wr just yet.

on the wr250 if i take out the baffle,gray wire, and stop screw, would i have to rejet.

tuberider,

if you make these mods, the only thing you will likely have to do is raise the needle one notch. this takes 5 minutes, doesn't require any special tools, doesn't require taking the carb off the bike, and doesn't require any sort of rocket science knowledge on your part. if you can do the throttle stop mod then raising the needle will be simple.

i know that it's a confidence thing. but trust me , the results will be well worth it.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

On my 04 WR250F I opened up the right side of the airbox as well as all the free mods. I raised the needle 1 notch,installed a 42 pilot and a 178 main jet.

I live in SoCal.I didnt mess with the accellerator pump at all.Bike runs fine now.

just so i got this right. raising the needle means lowering the clip? i rejetted my xr when i did the gordan mods but never touched the needle.

just so i got this right. raising the needle means lowering the clip?

you got it.

it's really simple, once you've done it once you'll wonder why you ever stressed about it.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I have 04 WR250 have done all the free mods, the only problem I began with was the throttle bogging down at 1/4 throttle. I cahnged out the stock fuel mixture screw with Zip-Ty, and went from stock #45 pilot jet to #50. solved my problem...I also live in socal like the kid, but like some of the other post I now truly believe that altitude has a big part in it.....Good luck...

I did all of the mods as well and think that I might have to do some rejetting as well. how do you go about doing that and what good links can i look that up on. 😢

thanks,

bmillsie

If you're going to change the fuel mixture screw make sure you follow the instructions. There are some really small parts : spring, washer, and o-ring.

As far as the pilot jet it was pretty easy to get to by removing the fuel bowl with out taking the carb off the bike. You just need to make sure that you clean the bike completely, just to prevent getting any dirt in the carb.