Sign in to follow this  

Icat

Has anyone tried this on their 250 yet? Sounds good on paper. but is it worth the money?

I have had it for almost a year now and worth every penny.Power from low to top.And dont have to use hot start hardly ever.

I have heard a lot of killer reviews about this device. 4strokes.com did a very nice review of it, there are a few others out there as well. I am going to get it for next season (think i am going to get it for a buddy of mine as well) even though he rides a KTM... 😢

Even if it give better fuel economy that would rock seeing that i do hare scrambles and trail riding...the long i am on the bike and not putting gas in it the better!!!

Transworld MX sez these things are just the cats ass (that means good) and if you think about it, the hotter and better timed spark will definitely give you more power. Im convinced I will be getting one before spring.

Icat cost 200.00. And it does not make a hotter spark it changes the duration of the spark. 😢

The iCAT makes a HUGE difference on the 250R. It starts easier, crakcs right off the bottom, and pulls hard all the way through. I didn't notice a whole bunch of fuel left over in my gas tank, but I did notice that it cleans up the jetting going from different altitudes (no more fuel mixture screw tinkering). It's definately worth the $. Throw on a WB, Dr D, or Jardine and WHAM!!! What an awesome machine. 😢

I agree with all you say Diamond except,If you own a 4stroke and are not adjusting your fuel screw thru-out the day somewhat you are not utilizing the full power of the bike.The Icat does clean everything up extermely well but i am always tinkering.

I agree with all you say Diamond except,If you own a 4stroke and are not adjusting your fuel screw thru-out the day somewhat you are not utilizing the full power of the bike.The Icat does clean everything up extermely well but i am always tinkering.

phew i though it was just me tinkering with that screw!

It seems that it needs adjusting with heat and altitude?

I haven't touched my fuel screw since I bought my bike. Am I missing something? I haven't really had a reason to touch it though so maybe I've just been lucky? I did purchase a ZipTy screw from TT that should be here soon so I'll start screwing around with it a little. My bike seems to sputter on decel a bit so I'm thinking I'm running a bit lean. Maybe the fuel screw adjustment can help with that? (Insert recommendations here)

😢 1/4 turn at a time ..... I should have said that youd be tinkering LESS. the iCAT does seem to burn off more emissions, I rode another tank today and it does give better mileage than my buddies CRF w/ out that rode next to me all day