Sign in to follow this  

dualsport a XR250 in pa?, i think i found my spot in the dirt and road!

guys im back, finaly got some cash i had planed on getting a xr250 in spring, but then i came across a 2001 kawasaki kx125 mint for 1200-1300. well i live alittle ways from a fav riding spot and just found new land for free to ride on in pa. i have no truck but a new car so i was going to invest in a trailer, but no room to store it so id have to then rent a storage unit, (not cool). the bike would only be used 8-10 times a year so i figured im throwing more away then i would be enjoying. i figuired out 1300 for the bike, 200 in safty parts like a skid plate disk covers, ect. 200 for a usably hitch with everything i need for hook up and 350 for a trailer. so i am at 1850+ storeage frees per month or year how ever it works out.

now i know i can get alot of use outta a dual sport, prolly 1 or 2 times a week and i think i may benifit me. the bike would be a xr250, i am only 5foot 5/6inch 135, i think its fine for what i need.

my question is where do i start even seeing if i can do this, i know a guy with a 2001 xr400 dual sported at the dealer i go thru for my stuff so i know i can get it passed there. if anyone could give me info on where to look id apprecaite it. i am guessing they make a conversion kit? 😢

Why not look for a XR250L, then you don't have to worry about getting the reg. XR street legalized. If it were me and I really wanted that little two smoke, which I wouldn't, I'd get me a little truck instead of a car. For a hitch and harness its' about $150, plus install if you can't do it yourself. Then $300-400 for a decent trailer. You can get a folding trailer at Harbor Freight and it'll slide righ int your garage in a standing position out of the way.