Sign in to follow this  

Which tires do you prefer for the trails?

I have maybe one more race left on my original tires on my X. I haven't had much to gripe about them, but was wondering if there was a better option. I did notice the front pushing last race, probably could be solved with air pressure adjustment or susp adjustment though. The coarses we race in the winter are pretty much muddy ruts, with rocks scattered throughout. Anybody have any opinions?

my favorite rear tire was the Teraflex (but it wont fit on the 250x) TOO BIG

Thing is a MONSTER.

(stock seem to be doing fine for me now)

IRC IXO5H front

Maxxis Maxcross IT rear

Fantastic rear traction and very sturdy knobs. Front tire grips in the corners like you would expect. 😢

I am currently using 756's front and rear, I have always used 756's up front but in the past I have used maxxis IT's on the rear and I liked them as well.

Michelin M12 front and rear. Done 3x 3 hour hare scrambles on the rear and have just reversed it for the next race. Good wet grip. S12 can't be turned because of the tread pattern.

Cheapest I can find. Maxxis IT's, 756's Manchester Honda set for $110(close to my work), Kenda Millville's. I expect to get about 200 miles out any of the rears, and maybe 300 out of the fronts. I ride alot of rocky terrain.

Michelin M12 front and rear. Done 3x 3 hour hare scrambles on the rear and have just reversed it for the next race. Good wet grip. S12 can't be turned because of the tread pattern.

Sure you can. The tread pattern is the same either direction.

I use Michy S12 Front and back, for the same reasons, good traction, and excellent wear!

I usually like the dunlop 756RR for where I ride. The tire wears fairly well and sticks.

Just for kicks I decided to try one of these. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/Product_Details.atv?pid=00105410

Notice that the size is different. The tire is about 1/2 inch wider than usual. It is the tire Suzuki is using on their new 450. They are suggesting it be paired with the 120 series rear tires.

What can I say, except I might try Dunlops wide version when it is available. So far I like this extra wide 401f better than the 756 rr. The tire just works. I believe it sticks better than even the Dunlop 756rr on our hard packed (read almost frozen)ground. At 50 bucks, it cannot be beat.

The M12 is the one with the non-reversible tread pattern.

I run MH-2 (Starcross intermediate) on the rear and the M12 front.

I test a lot of tires and for our area (NW clay and mud) the M59 Bridgestone front is very hard to beat. Works well in a lot of conditions. A while back a friend told me about the Kenda Trackmaster for the rear which is an old school tire and is very unimpressive looking BUT... that thing flat hooks up and lasts a loooong time. I really did not think that tire would work but man what a good tire. I have also tried the Kenda Millville's and like them. The Maxxis IT is good if it is mostly dry, they suck in the clay and rocks with mud.

1. M59 Bridgestone front / Kenda Trackmaster rear

2. M12 mich front / S12 mich rear

3. 201 bridgestone front / 202 Bridgestone rear

4. 773 Dunlop front and rear

Thats how they stack up for me (04 Husky TE450 4 stroke)

😢

I don't know what I will buy when I go to replace the stock 756 on the rear. However I have been pretty happy with it?

Malibu3

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudmonkey111

Ooops....my goof.

I Have Always Ran S12 Front And Rear,, Why Do You All Like The M12 Up Front???? I Might Try This Next Set??? Thanks And Oh I Race Harescrambles In The Rocks And Mud If That Helps Any

I Have Always Ran S12 Front And Rear,, Why Do You All Like The M12 Up Front???? I Might Try This Next Set??? Thanks And Oh I Race Harescrambles In The Rocks And Mud If That Helps Any

I have only run the S12 front a twice and both times split the side walls in the sharp rocks. Does not hold up as well for me and the M12 hooks up better / lasts longer.

K