Which tires do you prefer for the trails?

I have only run the S12 front a twice and both times split the side walls in the sharp rocks. Does not hold up as well for me and the M12 hooks up better / lasts longer.

K

Ditto.

The s12 on the rear absolutely rips. I have converted several people

to the S12s that were long time Dunlop users.

To them that have ears let them hear the best 250F front tire is a Bridgestone M59. I know some people think not possible, try one you will never change. I dont think bridgestone even realizes this tire works so well on 250Fs but they do.

Absolutly my favorite tire on my 03 YZF250 also (M59). Additionally it is the best 20" front I ever ran. Actually Randy Hawkins turned me onto them.

I think for the tire info to be useful/relevant people need to say what conditions they ride in. One tire may work awesome in some conditions, and suck in others. Take a paddle tire for an extreme example: best thing possible is sand, probably the worst thing possible everywhere else.

I ride in rocky/muddy PNW, and many peeps swear by the S12/M12 combo. The Dunlop 756s that came on my bike seemed to work well, though I have no point of reference? I just replaced the rear with an S12 but have yet to ride on it. I'll keep the front Dunlop til it wears out and then switch to an M12.

I thought I better chime back in here. I tested some Kendas Millvilles this weekend and WOW, very impressive. Might just be my new favorites. I think I like the front better than my favorite M59!!!! Really. These tires hook up!! I am running them on my 04 TE450 Husky in the NW (Oregon / Washington) in the clay, rocks, mud etc, and i can't believe how well they work. The front has tall widely spaced knobs and you can feel them squirm a little but this should not be confused with loss of traction. It flat hooks up better on clay and rocks than any other tire I have tried. Amazing. I tried a rear Millville in the beginning of summer and thought it was just OK. I tried it again as I got a set and they ether changed the tire (now has a support rib under the outside knobs) or the 120 version is different but I am running it at about 10-11 pounds and it works great. I am very impressed with these tires. Our team will be running them this year.

I also got a set of Southwicks which are very aggressive looking sand type tires I have yet to try. I have a sandy race coming up shortly and will test them there.

The Millvilles in the NW work great on a big 4 stroke. ?