Sign in to follow this  

250F oil drain plug locations...

i rec'd a PM, which said:

hey, does my 04 yz250f have a drain plug? i cant seem to find it. there has to be an easier way to oil change than what thumper faq says.

i could not sleep last night as i was having nightmares about those poor cams and piston and transmission gears. it was like "dawn of the dead" -- all of these parts and others were desperately searching for good clean oil. there was none to be found.

moving onward... there are TWO oil drain plugs.

click here:

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/motomisc5/yamaha250f-oil-drain-locations_sm.jpg

the crankcase drain plug is located immediately behind the gear select lever.

the frame drain plug is located on the frame downtube facing the front wheel.

follow the oil changing process in the 250F FAQ. it works. if you don't change the oil in your bike the engine and/or transmission will explode -- you'll be left stranded out on the trail/track AND you'll have a HUGE repair bill when you are done fixing it. read the 250F FAQ and follow the process. it works.

http://www.thumperfaq.com/oil_change.htm

please change your oil and allow me to sleep better.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

So wrooster does not have to go through any more sleepless nights. I have added his nice image to the FAQ so there should be no more confussion.

Onto the quote, there is a easier way of changing the oil. Get a billywho manfunnel. Makes it super easy and no mess.

For the oil filter cover, I just take some aluminum foil, fold it a couple times and mold it into the side of the engine under the cover. Pretty much, a Bib that runs the oil into the bucket instead of the side of your bike and on the floor. Thanks to my bro for this idea. 😢

-Phill