Sign in to follow this  

Finally Bought a 2005 CRF450

Well after riding a 2003 YZ450F I decided to try a 2005 CRF450. Spent the last few weeks reading TT and mag. articles trying to see what was the better way to go. I rode a friends 05 the other night and decided it was the one. Was a little concerned with all the talk on the valves but I maintain my bikes and don't see that as a problem. I raced my 03 YZ450 for 2 yrs and NEVER had one problem with it, but figured it was time to try something new and different. So after hunting around I found one and bought it this morning for $6000 OTD, haven't picked it up just did everything over the phone. Can't wait to go ride!!!!!!!

Yes, I rode the 05 YZ450. Other than the motor being somewhat toned down and suspension seemed a little better I felt the CR worked better all around. My 03 (with suspension work) had a much more explosive motor than the 05 YZ, the 05 CRF motor was very stong like my 03. I was having a hard time picking between the 05 YZ and 05 CR but after riding them, the CR was by far a better fit for me...and I am a big Yamaha fan, so it wasn't an easy decision. I can say my 03 YZ450 was a rock solid machine, never tore it down once. Only mods were suspension and a Dubach flywheel. I hope the CRF450 holds up the same way, if not back to the Yamaha. Just wanted to try something different for once.

Another reason was the $$$$, couldn't pass up 6000 OTD.

Good Luck with your`s !!!! I sure am concerned about motor

longevity too, but I trust Honda,their a great manufacture that is

one of their strong points. My 520 was beat for 3yrs before it`s

first rebuild,I thought that was great. I did check the valves

after 4hrs and the exhaust needed a adjustment.The 520 was

like that too.These new bikes need a little more attention thats

all. Take`n care of properly my buddies 04 raced every ecea

enduro and He`s had no problems.

Roost on!!!!!!!!! and Hopefully for ev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!